Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

California exaust set up?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 06:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ReFtheMC
Damm, I Never Knew Any Of This..... But Where I Live At, Cops Dont Really Give A ****, Aslong As Your Not Selling Drugs Or ANything Or Acting Stupid Like Drunk And Burning Rubber On A Saturday NIght, Then Your Straight
yep news to me too...thanks LongBeach!

Templates?
Old 01-06-2007, 11:32 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking at changing my setup to the new Edelbrock shorties($419 ceramic from Summit), Magnaflow direct replacement cats($205 ea. @ Summit) and the Bassani dual setup with drivers side exit. If anyone is looking for a very good shape Dynatech LT setup and Magnaflow cat-back let me know. The headers are already off and the cat-back will come off of course as soon as the new system is purchased. This way I don't need to swap anything out now that I have to smog the car even though the headers are pretty damn easy to swap out, I'm just being lazy. Let me know.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:39 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Modern_Muscle_Man
Magnaflow direct replacement cats($205 ea. @ Summit)
You can get Magnaflow ceramic core cats for a whole lot cheaper than that, talk to Tim @ EAD performance. From ebay I picked up mine each for $50.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:57 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Brian2006
California must suck

meh.

i'm runnin lt's, !cats, and TDs, my windows are blacked out and my stereo is loud.....the exhaust loud as **** and i dont get bothered; unless i go to my hometown in northern cali (modesto); in which case cruising and modding your car are the worst possible violations of the law, even compaerd to being a junkie on the streets, being a thief, or murderer...

modesto police are fucked up and theyre all dirty
Old 01-26-2007, 02:26 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Goodrich
Shorties are a waste of money. Im running LT's with cats and heads/cam and the car blows clean numbers. You just need to slip the Tech a little something extra to look the other way on the visual inspection. Also you dont need to have a smog cert for the first 6 years from your car's production year. So if you have an 02 you can put LT's on and not worry about it till 2008.
do you know of any smog check only stations that wont care about visual. my bro in his honda civic had a autozone intake and the guy at the 76 station(had a smog check only station too) over by sepulveda and nordhoff wouldn't even touch the car becasue that intake didnt have a CARB number. that is the big factor in me putting my headers on my current car and a factor on m putting LT on my future f-body. and also y i havent bought this this ws6 https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicles-sale-lsx-powered-only/644587-01-ws6-sale-illinois.html or https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicles-sale-lsx-powered-only/635924-2000-trans-am-ws6.html yet. if i knew, then one of these would be on its way here to me
Old 01-26-2007, 07:40 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bu01
do you know of any smog check only stations that wont care about visual. my bro in his honda civic had a autozone intake and the guy at the 76 station(had a smog check only station too) over by sepulveda and nordhoff wouldn't even touch the car becasue that intake didnt have a CARB number. that is the big factor in me putting my headers on my current car and a factor on m putting LT on my future f-body. and also y i havent bought this this ws6 https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=644587 or https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=635924 yet. if i knew, then one of these would be on its way here to me
I will say if you are looking at an LS1 WS-6 then I would go ahead and get the LT's. It was so surprisingly easy to swap out. I am very seriously thinking what the hell and not selling them and putting them back on the car. Kinda miss the extra rumble and the performance gain. Besides, it's a full 2 years before I'd have to swap them out again. Will see if any major offers come in this week. If not, I think I will put them back on. Good luck on your purchase if you decide to get it.