Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Louder? Magnaflow or Hooker muffler

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 03:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jimmypop13
Are hooker & magnaflow louder than corsa? I've only heard corsa in person and it was barely louder than stock. My definition of barely may be different than yours though because I consider my longtubes, no cats, and GMMG to be almost really loud. I may have the GMMG up for sale soon since I've had it for 5 years and want to be a little louder now!
You will be disappointed with either Hooker, MagnaFlow or even Corsa ... compared to your GMMG exhaust. These system (Hooker, MagnaFlow, Corsa) are more about the sound quality over the raw decibel level of the others. From most quiet to loudest, of the catbacks you mentioned, are: Hooker, MagnaFlow, Corsa. If you are looking for something louder then you GMMG, look at the Loudmouth or no muffler at all. GMMG is one of the loudest I have heard, Loudmouth being the most obnoxious, worse then open headers.
Old 12-21-2006, 06:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 12secSS
You will be disappointed with either Hooker, MagnaFlow or even Corsa ... compared to your GMMG exhaust. These system (Hooker, MagnaFlow, Corsa) are more about the sound quality over the raw decibel level of the others. From most quiet to loudest, of the catbacks you mentioned, are: Hooker, MagnaFlow, Corsa. If you are looking for something louder then you GMMG, look at the Loudmouth or no muffler at all. GMMG is one of the loudest I have heard, Loudmouth being the most obnoxious, worse then open headers.
Oh no, don't worry dude. I'm doing a custom set-up similar to loudmouth but with a powerpack muffler! I know they are all alot quieter, I was just wondering how corsa compared to them
-Chris

Quick Reply: Louder? Magnaflow or Hooker muffler