Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynomax bullet

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 09:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dynomax bullet

I still havent installed it, and am running my LT, ORY and LM1.....Im seriously thinking of installing it before track day. But I was also thinking for future purposes of getting a magnaflow as well as the bullet and getting a cutout after the bullet, so I can be loud and reduce the rasp with the cutout and be quieter with the magnaflow when the cutout is closed.

has anyone done this?...

so here is teh order

LT, ORY, dynomax bullet, cutout, magnaflow muffler.

???
Old 12-30-2006, 11:15 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wierd! but I am putting one dynomax bullet off each one of my longtubes tomorrow for a track only car and i can tell you how loud it is if that helps! lol
Old 12-31-2006, 02:15 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by camscam02
wierd! but I am putting one dynomax bullet off each one of my longtubes tomorrow for a track only car and i can tell you how loud it is if that helps! lol

Craaazy.. I know the Lm with ORY is waaay too loud for a DD already. especially with LM1.

BTW I just got a ticket right now. No big deal. I passed a car from the right lane. But he said he'll give me a break so He just gave me one for not having current registration paper in my car. He said you better not fight it or ill tell the judge about your traffic violation.

So what the hell does he mean by fight it. Its a fix it ticket, does he not want me to get my refund or what the hell does he mean?

Also Im sure my straight pipe caught his attention. and Damn he asked me what mods I have, I was nervous, but didnt show it. Just said, intake and exhuast.

Last edited by LSGunZ28; 12-31-2006 at 03:08 AM.
Old 12-31-2006, 03:10 PM
Banned

A single bullet is not going to quiet that exhaust down a whole lot, probably not even worth it to install it.

If you are talking about a Magnalfow muffler in place of the loudmouth pipes, that has been done successfully. Just get a 1-in 2-out Magnaflow universal muffler and have it welded in place in the stock location. That will quiet your car down a whole lot more than any bullet.
Old 12-31-2006, 04:01 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by lsx24
A single bullet is not going to quiet that exhaust down a whole lot, probably not even worth it to install it.

If you are talking about a Magnalfow muffler in place of the loudmouth pipes, that has been done successfully. Just get a 1-in 2-out Magnaflow universal muffler and have it welded in place in the stock location. That will quiet your car down a whole lot more than any bullet.

No man...well, I am saying that, but with the bullet muffler in place of the resonator still, then with a cutout. But firstly before I do any of that...

#1 I want the bullet to reduce the rasp for now. which it will, maybe not all of it, but by some it will.

then for #2 , I was saying in teh future, I want to install my exhaust in this order:

LT, ORY, Dynomax bullet, Cutout, magnaflow, exhaust tips.
Old 12-31-2006, 08:54 PM
On The Tree

I had a spiralflow before the cutout. Sounded good except it still had that slight tinny sound to it. A bullet then a cutout will be almost as loud as a cutout, just with more tone.
Old 12-31-2006, 09:00 PM
Banned

A Bullet in the ipipe will definately help with rasp...you should be fine installing your exaust in that order.