Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust Manifolds

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 11:06 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Manifolds

I've got a 350 with a set of old corvette double hump 461 heads on it. I have it in a dirt track race car. The rules say you have to run exhaust manifolds, no headers. I'm looking the best flowing manifolds I can find. I'm pretty good at fabrication and can weld or cut just about anything.

I ran manifolds off a LT1 last year, but they are not showing the results I want on the dyno. The old RAMS HORN type manifolds proved better on the dyno, but they don't fit my car very well because they hit the crossmember under the engine.

What kind of manifolds came on the LS motors? I would think they would flow a lot better than the LT1 manifolds. I understand they probably won't bolt right up to the older style SBC heads, but could I drill the flang on them to make them fit? Anyone have any pictures for reference?

Last edited by DeanHensler; 01-07-2007 at 11:29 AM.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:10 AM
Teching In

we always ran the ram horns. they flowed really well have you tried them?
Old 01-07-2007, 11:30 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DeanHensler
The old RAMS HORN type manifolds proved better on the dyno, but they don't fit my car very well because they hit the crossmember under the engine.
They won't fit unless I set the motor up really high. The car is a G-Body.