Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Texas Speed Catted Y

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 03:31 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Texas Speed Catted Y

I just purchases Pacesetter LT's and a TSP catted Y. I am having the parts installed and the guy said i am going to need to get either O2 sims or a tune to get rid of the code.....now is the y-pipe supposed to be tapped to have o2 sensors after the cat? I thought thats how it went....cause otherwise....what was the point in me buying the catted y if i am still gona throw a code?
Old 01-07-2007, 03:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

no it wont be tapped.....you either hook up simulaters to the oe harness that would normally go to the rear 02's...or do what most all of us do....have the codes deleted via tuning
Old 01-07-2007, 03:52 PM
Launching!

ok....well i am going to get the car dyno tuned, over at Speed-inc, once the headers are on....so I will have the codes deleted then. Should the car pass emmisions though with the cats? cause thats the whole reason why i got them. And also because i park in an underground parking garage....and dont feel like passing out every time i warm the car up And one more question....probably a stupid one....but i am assuming that the O2 extensions are for the front O2 sensors?
Old 01-07-2007, 05:04 PM
Launching!

bump!
Old 01-07-2007, 05:17 PM
TECH Addict

Main reason for the cats is too help rasp and to pass imspection, plan and simple if your check engine light is on you WILL fail you could always tap the pipe to put rear 02's in the Y pipe but im not sure if it would throw a code b/c their high flow cats and will flow ALOT better then the factory cats. and yea the extensions are for the from 02's

And technically even with cats in most states it is still illegal because you are moving the cats from their original location, most shops probally wont notice but theirs always that chance. plan and simple NO Long tube headers are 100% street legal
Old 01-07-2007, 06:36 PM
Launching!

kk thanks a lot for the help....that explains everything! I am new to domestics....so please excuse my lack of know-how