Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ALL XS Stainless Steel Headers questions in here!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 03:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lol I swear blur is after me so im jsut trying to keep my legal thread up and running and not get banned
Old 02-28-2007, 03:47 PM
That's what she said...

Originally Posted by Tainted
lol I swear blur is after me so im jsut trying to keep my legal thread up and running and not get banned

I'm not after you, it's just disrespectful to keep posting the BS you do. We have a few simple rules, and it's pretty shitty when people try to circumvent them ("Hey I want a PM!!").

Do you realize how many emails I get (and every other mod gets) from sponsors who see up-tight companies leeching business away from them that they PAY to draw in? Removing links, and holding up our end of the bargain encourages sponsors to hold up theirs.

But off the record, I am out to get you, AND YOUR LITTLE DOG TOO!

Old 02-28-2007, 03:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

LMFAO!! I knew i'd get you to chime in, i wanted to ask you if it is indeed ok if say someone comes to me, through a pm and asks for a link if I can give it to them without violating the sponsors rule thing
Old 02-28-2007, 03:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I *think* its ok for members to do it, but a business cant not try to achieve business through a PM. Blur might know better since this is his forum.
Old 02-28-2007, 03:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

I understand the sponsors pay good money and all to advertise here its just at times the rule gets a bit stupid especially when the sponsors dont have an item like the fixed headlights for the t/a. but before I forget

YOU'LL NEVER TAKE US ALIVE WITCH!
Old 02-28-2007, 03:59 PM
That's what she said...

LMFAO!! I knew i'd get you to chime in, i wanted to ask you if it is indeed ok if say someone comes to me, through a pm and asks for a link if I can give it to them without violating the sponsors rule thing
Anyone with half a brain can figure the **** out, unless they're banned from Google, and I wouldn't be suprised if you were.

As far as the PM's are concerned, it's a touchy subject. We can't stop you from communicating with other people, and we don't read your mailbox every day (more like every other day). I would REALLY like to see people stop saying "Hey PM me.", because if I can't see it, neither can anyone else. I wish I could say "stop with the PM's", but that's impossible. That is really the only things that ruffles me, considering it's a pseudo-blatant disregard of the rules.

Non-sponsor links to stuff our sponsors don't sell isn't a problem. I used to post information on getting Magnaflow cats for cheap all the damn time, until EAD started selling them. They can get them just as cheap anyway. I post a link to Bosch 13111 O2's for cheap at least 53 times a day lol.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

haha no the only place that banned me was cz28.com since I always seemed to get some "hot" threads going in the lounge that got a bit to debateable.

I love this site and the folks on it, but jush ehh sometimes things like this kinda irk me a bit. I just wanted to know what exactly was up with the pm ordeal since you know i dont give out links in threads but I know yall check pm's so I didn't wanna get busted for it.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:08 PM
That's what she said...

haha no the only place that banned me was cz28.com since I always seemed to get some "hot" threads going in the lounge that got a bit to debateable.

I love this site and the folks on it, but jush ehh sometimes things like this kinda irk me a bit. I just wanted to know what exactly was up with the pm ordeal since you know i dont give out links in threads but I know yall check pm's so I didn't wanna get busted for it.
We don't really check PM's, or at least I dont. If anything, your PM's will just be flat turned off, "Restricted User". But, if someone goes though the trouble for all that, they'll just get rid of your *** completely.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

pfffft nosey peoples. so even if they come to you for links you still can't give it to them correct?
Old 02-28-2007, 04:51 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pfffft nosey peoples. so even if they come to you for links you still can't give it to them correct?
DUDE! What are you waiting for? A YES you can break the rules behind the moderators back? Just don't get greedy, us the PM system (without telling everyone in a thread!), and pray you are spared long enough to make some decent $$$ during your NON-Sponsor days.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Cantalope Kid
DUDE! What are you waiting for? A YES you can break the rules behind the moderators back? Just don't get greedy, us the PM system (without telling everyone in a thread!), and pray you are spared long enough to make some decent $$$ during your NON-Sponsor days.
=/ im not selling anything, we were discussing the headers since lately lots of people have pm'ed me and blur posted in a thread I was in about no pm'ing and I was trying to clarify it all since I have noticed they turn a blind eye to certain things.

But anyhow, I got it down now, im gonna drop this before someone hits me with the ban stick. I just wanted to clarify a few things and this thread got brought back and a mod was in here and people asked for a pm of their website which led me to the questiopn if they ask for it can you give it to them.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
I post a link to Bosch 13111 O2's for cheap at least 53 times a day lol.
link just one more time please
Old 02-28-2007, 05:56 PM
That's what she said...

Originally Posted by Demon Of Dreams
link just one more time please
http://rep.speedycarparts.com/parts/...gory=C&dp=true

That's 54!

That link wasn't working for me for some reason, maybe LS1techies wore it out. Go to the site, select chevrolet 2002, then corvette, then Oxygen sensors, then rear, then you'll see the Bosch 13111's.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

well ok lol, blur im gonna go see gramps for a bit, thanks forclearing that up. hopefully we got any hard feelings out the way, I know you sure scared poor toto
Old 02-28-2007, 06:14 PM
TECH Regular

Non-sponsor links to stuff our sponsors don't sell isn't a problem. I used to post information on getting Magnaflow cats for cheap all the damn time, until EAD started selling them. They can get them just as cheap anyway. I post a link to Bosch 13111 O2's for cheap at least 53 times a day lol.
i feel like this is a back and forth issue. sometimes its ok and sometimes its not. ive seen a couple links get deleted eventhough theyare to products sponsors dont sell. i know one guy wont post prices or links to his website for tweeter pods. i dont know if he got in trouble or if hes just being careful, but to the best of my knowledge noone else sells them.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:17 PM
That's what she said...

Originally Posted by wowsers
i feel like this is a back and forth issue. sometimes its ok and sometimes its not. ive seen a couple links get deleted eventhough theyare to products sponsors dont sell. i know one guy wont post prices or links to his website for tweeter pods. i dont know if he got in trouble or if hes just being careful, but to the best of my knowledge noone else sells them.
There is certainly room for interpretation. None of our sponsors sell XS headers, but they do sell HEADERS. If it's not going to pull any business from our sponsors, no reason not to post it.

If the link goes to a section of a competitor, non-sponsors site, it's a no-go. If MTI wasn't a sponsor, and they were the only ones who sold flux capacitors, I couldn't link there, because they'll have cams, clutches, shortblocks etc. right below it.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:22 PM
TECH Regular

There is certainly room for interpretation. None of our sponsors sell XS headers, but they do sell HEADERS. If it's not going to pull any business from our sponsors, no reason not to post it.

If the link goes to a section of a competitor, non-sponsors site, it's a no-go. If MTI wasn't a sponsor, and they were the only ones who sold flux capacitors, I couldn't link there, because they'll have cams, clutches, shortblocks etc. right below it.

ok. that makes sense. i wasnt thinking in terms of other products.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

up to the top for a day or so since theres a few threads mentioning the headers.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:06 PM
On The Tree

The sponsers on here are great and very helpful and great to deal with. So, shooting out a thank you to the sponsers.

I also bought the mentioned headers, last fall before the price went up. I had the EGR tubes cut off and tig welded before I put them on. The guy that did it, did a great job, you would never know that they use to have them. The fit was fine, only issue was the casting tab and I used Texas Speed Y pipe.

I seen a couple of posts where the EGR tubes have been breaking off of thier headers. But, I've seen this happen on different brands of headers.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Oh I know I adore some of the sponsors but 1 or 2 of them cough cough I didnt have that great of luck with. it just kinda cuts into the whole tech and help thing of the site when you cant really discuss all products available.

But its great to hear you liked yours. the EGR tubes can break off any header