Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

solid motor mounts

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 11:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default solid motor mounts

what is the purpose for the solid motor mounts?? and does it shake the car hardcore?
Old 01-14-2007, 07:55 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

these are more rigid than the poly mounts that most people install. Basically you're getting rid of any "give" that the stock rubber mounts have. You will get a little more vibration especially through the shifter. I just installed a poly on my driver's side to stop the motor from twisting so much under acceleration. My ORY is pretty close to the underside of the car and each time I went WOT it would bang. The poly mount stopped the banging which is why most people install them. That and it just gives a more solid feel to the car.
Old 01-14-2007, 05:32 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have Spohn solid motor mounts in my car. There is very little vibration; although I have a stock cam for the time being...... The shifter does have a slight vibration, but it does not walk 2" to the passenger side when the motor revs. It no longer moves at all. That is a good trade off as far as I am concerned. When starting the car there is something of a thunk as the starter engages the flywheel as the motor will not roll over in response to the starter gear's torque.
I love them on my daily driver.