Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Go TDs or y-pipe and cat-back?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 01:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Go TDs or y-pipe and cat-back?

OK, I just can't make up my mind. I have done all the searching that I can and a lot of reading.

I have a true dual setup and I would love to put it on. Car is internally stock...Still working on the bolt-ons. Stock ride height.

The system will be coated pacesetters, no cats, and 12" bullets with dumps.

I can deal with taking the exhaust off to drop the tranny pan. I also have the stock torque arm, but I see no problem with running it and the TDs together, and I don't have plans to replace it anytime in the near future.

Problem is, I have to drive over speed bumps. My apartment complex next year has 3 to get in and out. Other than those, I'm not really worried about scraping anywhere else.

The noise is the other problem. It's kind of a double edge sword. My Hooker cat-back right now is far far too quiet. I'm sure I'll love the sound, but I live in a college town around a lot of apartments, and I don't really want my car vandalized for being louder than **** at 6 AM when I start it to drive to the gym. Like I said, car is stock internals, so I can't see idle and under 1500 or so being too terribly loud.

What I basically want some insight on are two things. Am I going to rip the whole damn thing off on medium sized speed bumps, and will idle be loud enough to have a lot of neighbors throwing fits?