Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone use flowtech long tubes?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 11:34 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default .

Hi, since the Flowtech and Hooker LT's are made by Holley. Are the Hooker LT's and Flowtech LT's exactly the same except for price? I was looking to get a set of ceramic coated Hooker Super Comp LT's w/ coated ORY ('01-'02 version, since I will have air and egr deleted), and was told by a friend that I should get the Flowtech's. After reading all of this, it sounds like they are exactly the same, and now I may have to re-think what I will get.Any input on just these 2 headers?

thanks and sorry for the possible dumb question
Old 01-21-2007, 11:58 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the flowtechs on my car, they have been on there for about a year. I put them on in about 3 1/2 hrs and everything was great....no leaks, everything bolted up fine, cheap, i was very happy with them. The only thing I dont like about them is I took them off and the driver side flange had warped and it was a BIT#$ to get it back on. If i ever get another set of headers I will definatly go with the pacesetter.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlackDuk98
Hi, since the Flowtech and Hooker LT's are made by Holley. Are the Hooker LT's and Flowtech LT's exactly the same except for price? I was looking to get a set of ceramic coated Hooker Super Comp LT's w/ coated ORY ('01-'02 version, since I will have air and egr deleted), and was told by a friend that I should get the Flowtech's. After reading all of this, it sounds like they are exactly the same, and now I may have to re-think what I will get.Any input on just these 2 headers?

thanks and sorry for the possible dumb question
not dumb at all. they have the same design, but flowtech is said to have a thinner flange, not as nice welds. some say they are defect hookers.
Old 01-22-2007, 05:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 00BlackSS
not dumb at all. they have the same design, but flowtech is said to have a thinner flange, not as nice welds. some say they are defect hookers.
Guess Hookers are still a go for me in the future. Thanks for the response.