Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SSRAs are being made out of a much better plastic

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 04:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yea I call on the .3 gain i can see a tenth but not no .3
Old 01-30-2007, 04:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tainted
yea I call on the .3 gain i can see a tenth but not no .3

you call BS on something that was tested and proven in 6 time slips??

Last edited by GR33N GoblinM6; 01-30-2007 at 05:01 PM.
Old 01-30-2007, 04:21 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Ace$nyper
wt...f.

I've seen cam swaps change less, something else was up flat out. I know i've spoken out about ram airs before but i've never denied it may work, maybe good for 5-10 HP and if it makes you feel better to mod it.

But this thing putting out more then a set of long tubes is just laughable, and the mag that put that out even if that was the tiems changed should have put up ALOT more info then just back to back runs.

Even more so being a product that many tuners that are well respected don't buy into and or like.

I'm in no way bashing the product i'm sure it's finely made and upgrading the plastic is great, props to the maker. I'm just saying 30WHP+ and or .3 secs from this is just wow...

and you have done NO testing on your own or have any back up for what you beleive.. yet you only state what you "THINK" might work.. hmm

better read up on aerodynamics.. I have done my research as well as listen to my father who has been designing engines for Pratt & Whitney, as well as working as a design inspector for Northrup Grumman for 35 years.. He has told me countless times how ram in will not show in dyno testing and sometiems wont show in LIGHT windtunnel testing.. only when real world scenarios playout will things come to light.. you can theorize all you want, proof is byproduct..
Old 01-30-2007, 04:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GR33N GoblinM6
and you have done NO testing on your own or have any back up for what you beleive.. yet you only state what you "THINK" might work.. hmm

better read up on aerodynamics.. I have done my research as well as listen to my father who has been designing engines for Pratt & Whitney, as well as working as a design inspector for Northrup Grumman for 35 years.. He has told me countless times how ram in will not show in dyno testing and sometiems wont show in LIGHT windtunnel testing.. only when real world scenarios playout will things come to light.. you can theorize all you want, proof is byproduct..
So I should just buy into what a mag and or someone on the net tells me instead of doing my own tests?

Great logic. If I don't think it's worth it to even test, then how does that effect you, and if you look you'll see many other people whom have tested ram air kits feel it isn't worth while. But then again that's hear say.

On a product thats so highly debated I don't think it's worth it that's all I said how I got your panties in a twist, I'm not quite sure, it wasn't my intent. The fact I still don't buy into .3 tenths untill I get to see the exact write up and heck, I want to see it happen.

Mags are paid for by adverstiers making parts look better then they are is part of their job. Now if I saw this first hand it would be a different story.

Track conditions 60" times shifting points temp etc all effect 1.4 time and trap speed. To have this be proved you'd need 2 equal drivers *good luck at that lol* making equal runs one with carbon copy cars one differing only in having a ram air on it.

I've seen cars run well over 1 full second times apart in the same day so a car that had this part put on could have run .3 faster. Was it because of just this, that's what I have to say can't be done.
Old 01-30-2007, 05:01 PM
TECH Addict

ok if i came off like a jerk ... i appologize.. just one of those days and kids are driving me nuts around here..

If I had a corvette.. i sure would buy a veraram just to do my on personal tests on it, but this isnt the 1st time i have seen someone gain .2-.3 on some type of product of this nature. In fact, there was a guy selling a type of ram air for the 3rdgen TPI .. i personally bought one for my L98.. and I infact picked up .2 seconds solidly on 3 different track days at Fontana.. and since LS1 and TPI have the same "type" of intake design, i see no reason for the claims to be false.

but yes i do agree magazines are "greased" by certain people to shed their own light on things.. and make a twist here and there..
Old 01-30-2007, 05:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i am very sorry but i dont see 3 tenths off unless you can trap a really high mph. 1-2 teneths on a bolt on car tops is what id expect
Old 01-30-2007, 05:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Love how people can argue about anything these days

I think he advertises 13rwhp gain at a simulated 50mph
Old 01-30-2007, 05:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

ok if i came off like a jerk ... i appologize.. just one of those days and kids are driving me nuts around here..

If I had a corvette.. i sure would buy a veraram just to do my on personal tests on it, but this isnt the 1st time i have seen someone gain .2-.3 on some type of product of this nature. In fact, there was a guy selling a type of ram air for the 3rdgen TPI .. i personally bought one for my L98.. and I infact picked up .2 seconds solidly on 3 different track days at Fontana.. and since LS1 and TPI have the same "type" of intake design, i see no reason for the claims to be false.

but yes i do agree magazines are "greased" by certain people to shed their own light on things.. and make a twist here and there..
It's ok we all have rough days no worries .

If I had money to blow i'd be testing it myself, I'm saving for a house so mods will only be tried and true, and few lol!

You are right about the mounting, in the place, I just wonder if any gains were to be made was it from the air ramming or the better intake tract temps?

As I said before 5-10 RHWP I can see being possible 30 or so, that I can't see.

Again, not to bash this product at all just doubt some of the claims some have made.

Originally Posted by Brian2006
Love how people can argue about anything these days

I think he advertises 13rwhp gain at a simulated 50mph
No argument here just a debate
Old 01-30-2007, 10:40 PM
TECH Resident

funny thing i was ready in my Superchevy Magazine (i think it was the March issue).. that the version of SSRA or (verarams version for the Corvette) didnt show any dyno #'s at all...

BUT.. when taken to the track.. 3 passes were made with.. and 3 without it.. they picked up a solid .3 seconds in the 1/4.. equal to about 30-35hp..

so when all these people always ask for dyno graphs and such.. dyno's dont always show real world scenario's.. just thought i would pass this along to anyone that wants to do a back to back test of the SSRA at the track and see how much they gain.
Lets be clear here. I'm not agreeing that my product will gain .3 tenths. I'd say about .10-.15 while picking up a mile or two through the traps.

Green Goblin, can you give us a link at all to that article in Super Chevy?
Old 02-07-2007, 08:27 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by jewbacca
lemme know if you get a GP on these, I would deffinetly be done for that.
there's currently a gp request in the works but so far lmperformance hasn't seemed that responsive. i'm hoping that if we get a dozen or so people posting in the thread they'll change their minds. unfortunately, i think they are the only sponsor that sells them, so they have a monopoly going for them. i think the maker of these should try and have other sites sell them too. i think there's like 3 or 4 sites selling the ftra....competition and capitalism at its best lol. anyway, here's the thread. everyone who wants a ssra and would like to save a few bucks just post up in here. hopefully lmperformance will listen to the masses.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/group-purchase-requests/649693-lm-performance-can-we-get-ssra-gp-going.html
Old 02-07-2007, 10:38 PM
On The Tree

i just got the new design in the mail yesterday, VERY NICE piece! it looks very well made and the new plastic looks strong and its def. plyable. Can't wait to get it on!
Old 02-08-2007, 12:06 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
This isn't to replace the lid...it is a supplement.
Oh, I see..... Thanx