Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lt/ory/e-cutout Vs. Lt, Tsp True Duals

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 11:39 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Lt/ory/e-cutout Vs. Lt, Tsp True Duals

ok ive searched and didnt find what i was looking for, so im hoping you guys who have, or have heard in person the difference. i have pacesetter longtubes soon to be installed, i already bought the e-cut out and was going to have a cutsom ory made. but after reading i here all this about too raspy and loud (annoyingly raspy/loud). so i was thinking ok maybe if i get the TSP catted Y. but then i see that im actually spending more than if i just got true duals. so im thinking, maybe i should ditch the e-cut and "y" (ory or catted) for the true dual. is the ory, and cutout really that bad????? can anyone give me experience or a soundclip (and yes i checked ls1sounds) thanks guys
Old 02-08-2007, 11:52 AM
On The Tree

i've got the pacesetter lt's, tsp ory, and slp loudmouth dual/dual setup. my car is LOUD!!! some would probably say a little raspy but i love the sound. when i got my lt's i actually ran open headers for a little while. it was like driving a tank, which is pretty much what effect cutouts are going to have. if i where to do it again i would go with the dual exhaust from tsp. just my .02.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:52 AM
On The Tree

sorry no clips
Old 02-08-2007, 11:56 AM
12 Second Club

check out ls1sounds.com lots of exhaust clips!
Old 02-08-2007, 11:59 AM
On The Tree

i have pacesetter Lt, tsp ORY, e-cutout. I like it! It's LOUD, but i only get rasp at about 2500-3000 rpm when i'm giving it about half throttle. When daily driving its fine and when racing its just obnoxiously loud and i dont get rasp then. I was scared about too much rasp before i bought my setup, but you learn to know which rpm you get the rasp at.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:36 PM
Staging Lane

how is it when the cut out is closed vs. open '91firebirdformula' ?
ok so i have 3 options here, i need input on sound and performance differences, clearance, etc..., or even just your .2$
1. pacesetter lt, ory, e-cutout (cheapest)
2. pacesetter lt, TSP catted y, e-cutout (most expensive)
3. pacesetter lt, TSP duals, no cutout ($109 less than catted y w/ e-cutout)
Old 02-08-2007, 12:40 PM
Staging Lane

i forgot to mention i have the dreaded flowmasters on the car (baught it with them on) which is why i was going the cutout route at first. but since the rasp concern has popped up, im was going to thinking of cats, but then the price for cats and e-cutout turn out to be more than the duals. but i have heard of clearance issues with the dual, and fitment issues with the catted y, plus i like my dual tips coming out the back (which i would lose with the duals)
Old 02-08-2007, 04:29 PM
Teching In

i have the pacesetters with the tsp true duals. at first i didnt know if i was going to like it but after starting the car up i fell in love with the sound.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:48 PM
Staging Lane

I have Hooker LT and tsp true duals and love the sound, plus it makes good power,and has good ground clearence.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:10 PM
12 Second Club

--> here's <-- a clip.
Not the best, but better than nothing.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:44 PM
TECH Resident

with your setup just intstall the cutout and and ory. you should sound good driving around with the flowmaster then when you need the power (flowmaster sucks) open the cut out. loud and raspy are peoples opinions. youll notice there is bandwagoning. i would say your 80% there on your current setup. its not going to sound terrible and if you dont like it you can always change it in the future
Old 02-08-2007, 10:47 PM
TECH Resident

http://www.ls1sounds.com/Flowmaster/...Y_2000-WS6.MPG your set up lts ory and flowmaster sounds damn good to me just doesnt flow well...problem solved you have your e cutout
Old 02-09-2007, 11:59 AM
TECH Regular

okay I have pacesetters ORY e cutout and a 80 series flowmaster. My car is also a Cammed car which will make it sound different/louder. With the cutout closed so the exhaust is going thru the flowmaster. It is very quiet inside, can carry on conversation no problem at all, its actually is quieter while cruising then when I first got the car and the muffler was the only mod. with the cutout open it sounds awesome idling does have some rasp but like said above you kinda learn to drive/shift in a way to minimize it. Everybody seems to love the way it sounds when I step on it. I'm always getting thumbs up, and "dam that thing sounds like a pro street car/funny car". the sound at WOT from 4000 to 7000 is awesome. I thought about true duals for this car and probably will get some when I retire this from D.D. to just weekend fun car. I went with ORY E cutout because if I get stuck by a cop at a stop light I can close it and have 0 worries about a exhaust ticket, I can talk on the phone perfectly fine, I can also arrive/leave somewhere with out waking up every body around.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:47 PM
Staging Lane

GREAT....thats basically exactly what i wanted to hear 'lt1formula200' if anyone else has or had the same setup as well, please chime in. i did check ls1sounds and found a bit of what i was looking for, but there is always something like a cam that makes it not exactly what im looking to hear so thats why im asking for everyones help/opinion.
thanks again
Old 02-09-2007, 04:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've got pace LT's to ORY to Magnaflow c/b and an e-cutout too. With the cutout shut it's still pretty loud but that's also b/c of my cam. I don't mean loud inside the car either, just a nice rumble at idle and still pretty audible cruising around town. With the cutout open it sounds just plain awesome at idle. Part throttle it's kind of dump-truckish but as mentioned from like 3000 and up at WOT it sounds freakin' sweeeeeeet! You also asked about the Y setup performance wise...it's not robbing me of much power IMO. Maybe 10 - 15 RWHP at MOST.
Old 02-09-2007, 05:10 PM
12 Second Club

my uncle had PPC headers, ORY to GMMG and it was raspy. he now has factory dual dual with cutout in the I-pipe and its soo damn quiet with cutout closed. you open the cutout, sounds like a bad *** strip only car. i just installed pacesetters to tsp catted y(used and 1 cat just crumbled on me) to GMMG and im gettin some rasp around 2500-3000 but its tolerable. might gut other cat and custom make a I-pipe with cutout then spiral muffler.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:26 PM
Launching!

I have pacesetters longtubes and a o/r y and a e cutout. My car is cammed now but when it wasnt, it wasnt all that loud until wideopen throttle at wide open throttle it is insane to say the least at wide open throttle you can hear my car 4 miles from 1 exit to another on a cold night. When you close the cutout it sounds like a normal car I wouldnt have it any otherway. I have had more comments on the raspy nasty sounding open cutout sound then my bro in law with his full exhaust mustang. The clearence is real good on a y pipe with long tubes. I hope it helps and buy what you think is best for you
Old 02-15-2007, 12:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Will true duals fit with UMI's 3 point sub-frame connectors?!
Old 02-15-2007, 11:21 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks Everyone For Your Help And Info, I Went Ahead With The This Set Up, Waiting To Find Time For The Install
-pacesetter Lt
-pacesetter Ory
-dmh E-cutout
-flowmaster (already In Car When I Bought It)

Quick Reply: Lt/ory/e-cutout Vs. Lt, Tsp True Duals