Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed Pacesetter headers EASY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 09:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea me and a buddy of mine installed his headers also!! it was a piece of cake we had some hammer to do but wasnt much!!! also did u use jack stand or plastic ramps?? we use plastic ramps!!!
Old 02-10-2007, 09:14 PM
On The Tree

Hardest part of the onnes I have done. Were th Y pipe. Aroung the torque arm and the drivers pass side floor board. Other than that not to bad.

I have installed a few pairs on my own and friends cars.

On another note. Friend of mines 96 LT1 did the !cat mod this weekend for him. Cake walk. That has to be the easiest exhaust to drop and weld in new pipe.
Old 02-11-2007, 12:54 AM
12 Second Club

DSRCAM, I used jackstands....big ones! LOL I have the front tires about 6in off the ground. I thought about ramps, but just didint think it would had been high enough. Guess it would had?
Old 02-11-2007, 01:10 AM
11 Second Club

Good to hear it was easy. I ended up throwing some tools, lol. But overall it wasn't bad. Mine took about a month, but thats because after I got the headers installed, I got under the car to bolt up the y-pipe and they had sent me the wrong one Took awhile to get everything shipped back and straightned out. I ended up driving it around the block and trailered it to the track with open headers. I thought the drivers side was easier than the passenger side. Only problem I have with it now is the ORY pipe bangs the floorpan on turns when I am 50-100% in the throttle.
Old 02-11-2007, 02:46 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by green28
Good to hear it was easy. I ended up throwing some tools, lol. But overall it wasn't bad. Mine took about a month, but thats because after I got the headers installed, I got under the car to bolt up the y-pipe and they had sent me the wrong one Took awhile to get everything shipped back and straightned out. I ended up driving it around the block and trailered it to the track with open headers. I thought the drivers side was easier than the passenger side. Only problem I have with it now is the ORY pipe bangs the floorpan on turns when I am 50-100% in the throttle.
I did too. I put in poly trans mount and torque arm bushings and it stopped. Tq arm bushings suck to install, trans is easy. Under $50 for both, I think.
Old 02-11-2007, 04:57 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98RedZone
I did too. I put in poly trans mount and torque arm bushings and it stopped. Tq arm bushings suck to install, trans is easy. Under $50 for both, I think.
If I ever get around to installing a converter I should do that while I'm under the car. Not a big problem that I can tell right now, just annoying.