Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

going FAST w/ cam only

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 02:50 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ported 78 fast here, unless build requires more.
Old 02-24-2007, 05:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 300bhp/ton
Personally I've never seen such results and everytime someone says you'll loose low end torque I've asked if they can provide some proof. After 10-12 times of asking and no one providing anything I don't even bother anymore.
There was a pretty good engine dyno comparison done by one of the magazines with a number of combinations of intakes and TBs. I think the motor had a mild cam. The link is somewhere on the board.

IIRC the LS6 intake was the best below 3500 and the FAST pulled away around 4500+ with bigger gains by 6000 rpm. The loss of torque given up by the FAST wasn't great; maybe a couple percent. Certainly wouldn't be an issue for someone looking for solid top end power.

I'm skipping the FAST this time around as the gains aren't big in the midrange and the bucks are big. I don't spend enough time above 5000 rpm to justify in this car since it is not set up for a drag car.
Old 02-24-2007, 05:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah. I won't be getting the FAST intake until after I get hp tuners.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 300bhp/ton
I also doubt very much you'll loose any low end grunt. It's one of these things people on the net spew about (but only by people who don't have a FAST 90).

Personally I've never seen such results and everytime someone says you'll loose low end torque I've asked if they can provide some proof. After 10-12 times of asking and no one providing anything I don't even bother anymore.
there you go... 3 posts proving you otherwise... i say this with avengence as you hate all the little "supposably" dweebs that think they're just keyboard lords. including myself

...90/90 combo is the best proven as everyone knows this... you have to give a little to gain a little... although it's not like this for everyone