Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally Got my NEW INTAKE (pics inside)

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 09:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
a few things:
2.) i never said that it won't be hotter than the LS6 intake
Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
as soon as you get moving, it'll cool off and won't be any hotter than an LS6 or FAST intake.
...moving on. This is a ridiculous argument.

Make sure to keep us posted on those before and after dyno numbers (especially if you ice it down).
Old 03-01-2007, 10:15 AM
Teching In

Location: I got a fever, and the only cure is more cowbells!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good choice, I bought one too. I also bought the 85mm intake that was polished. I'm going to take the intake and have it professionally polished.

The plastic fantastic vs. aluminium...not EVEN getting in on that one. Buy a bag of ice, and just go race. Running nitrous or boost, it seems natural to run the alum. intake. But run what ya want. Can't wait to see your numbers. I should have my car out of Speed Inc. sometime in mid may. I'm going to do a big right up about the whole thing.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:44 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

looks like you could asily increase the volume of that intake by machining the runners external sides soem with the bottom off, and you could easily shorten the runners if you so wanted to.

This intake has some intrestign features from taht aspect.. too bad they didn't amke it with a 90mm opening, I think it would sell better if it did, or if you could just bolt a fast style 90mm up to it.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:57 AM
Banned

Default heat soak

Heak soak is definately an issue. Think hairdryer. Air passing by hot elements and boom, hot air. Same concept. Air passing through hot intake, boom, warmer air. Weather or not your driving or standing still, a metal intake will be hotter than a comosite one, its simple physics, and heat transfer, there's no arguing that, (unless you are thick-headed). On the street where it will heat up, do you want to be driving around with less hp than an ls6, or not. At the track, great you can ice it down. Big deal I want my hp on the street where I am most of the time, not down the quarter mile to brag about some numbers.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
Looks pretty sweet. Be really sweet if you could do before/after dyno with this VS LS1 intake then post up the results!
+1
Old 03-01-2007, 02:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by lsx24
Heak soak is definately an issue. Think hairdryer. Air passing by hot elements and boom, hot air. Same concept. Air passing through hot intake, boom, warmer air. Weather or not your driving or standing still, a metal intake will be hotter than a comosite one, its simple physics, and heat transfer, there's no arguing that, (unless you are thick-headed). On the street where it will heat up, do you want to be driving around with less hp than an ls6, or not. At the track, great you can ice it down. Big deal I want my hp on the street where I am most of the time, not down the quarter mile to brag about some numbers.
Man, it's definitely not worth the argument, you saw what I just went through I made a simple statement and it turned into a whole issue about carrying around bags of ice for the track. How bout we drop the whole issue altogether, fellas, since it's neither here nor there (and I'm not really sure how you can argue physics). It's starting to clutter up this thread that is simply about the guy being proud of his new intake
Old 03-01-2007, 03:56 PM
Alt
TECH Resident

Well as far as plastic vs metal and bringing nitrous into it, I would much rather prefer blowing apart a plastic intake manifold as opposed to trying to find a link weaker than that intake manifold pictured above and having that explode. Though fuel shouldn't be puddling in the intake manifold from the get go, if it does plastic has less of a resistance to explosion.

Back on topic, I'd love to see that just sitting underneath the hood, it looks mean.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:21 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SSTROKED 382
Good choice, I bought one too. I also bought the 85mm intake that was polished. I'm going to take the intake and have it professionally polished.

The plastic fantastic vs. aluminium...not EVEN getting in on that one. Buy a bag of ice, and just go race. Running nitrous or boost, it seems natural to run the alum. intake. But run what ya want. Can't wait to see your numbers. I should have my car out of Speed Inc. sometime in mid may. I'm going to do a big right up about the whole thing.

Hey do you have any pictures of your intake polished as it is?
Old 03-01-2007, 08:28 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Wow, lots of chit chat going on in here. Yeah, it may heatsoak, but not enough to matter. However... When I hear "BBK" the first thing I think of is Mustang.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:37 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by orangeapeel
Wow, lots of chit chat going on in here. Yeah, it may heatsoak, but not enough to matter. However... When I hear "BBK" the first thing I think of is Mustang.

When i hear BBK the first think i think of is Wal-mart brand.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:59 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

They don't have BBK at Walmart do they?
Old 03-01-2007, 09:10 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by orangeapeel
Wow, lots of chit chat going on in here. Yeah, it may heatsoak, but not enough to matter.
that's exactly what i'm getting at. people get ragged on for buying an aluminum intake. the BBK will probably be better in his application because the FAST would likely be overkill, it's hundreds of dollars cheaper, the "heatsoak" won't make a bit of difference in almost all situations and you can actually ice down this intake unlike the LS6 and FAST for better track times. IMO, he made a good choice.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

fast isn't overkill.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:16 PM
12 Second Club

Looks great.. Don't listen to everyones FAST hype although they are bad *** manifolds, they arn't the best choice for everyone.. glad to hear your happy with your choice!
Old 03-02-2007, 02:10 AM
Launching!

Looks Gr8 man id probely go with the black paint, or maybe even blue
Old 03-02-2007, 02:25 AM
12 Second Club

looks nice man..
Old 03-02-2007, 01:57 PM
12 Second Club

lol this has made a good thread lol..but no this isnt a wal mart special yet lmao.and yes thats usually what i think of too when i here BBK is mustangs .They make a shitload of parts for the stangs.but their startign to come around to the ls1s .But i like the intake i think it looks bad *** especially after i do some more polishing on it and fill the letters in .. so in my conclusin FAST is a damn good intake but pricy . Ls6 also a damn good intake both have been proven hp makers..BBk looks mean and hopefully i can prove it makes some power ,and if it doesnt then off she will come and i will change it
Old 03-02-2007, 02:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

BBK makes me wanna push the brake pedal.

Looks good!

-J
Old 03-02-2007, 04:32 PM
10 Second Club

Anyone know where I can find some good pics of this thing polished?
Old 03-02-2007, 05:09 PM
12 Second Club

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by wild thing
Anyone know where I can find some good pics of this thing polished?
Just look up the Weind one in Jegs or Summitt...they sell them polished as well.