Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intake Manifold Heatsoak - Aluminum (Weiand) Vs. Composite (LS6)

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 01:31 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Arctic, I will never forgive you for starting this thread in my section.

Here's the bottom line.

People have their feelings/beliefs, and you're never going to change them, no matter how wrong they may be. Let them be.

"Top fuel cars run metal intakes and they run 4's! We should all run them on our cars!" "My car runs 9's with a metal intake!"

You MUST be shitting me. Sounds like a 4th grader.

The fact is, metal WILL, on average, be hotter than a composite intake, it for gat-damn sure isn't going to be cooler. How much of a difference does it make? Who knows. It's obviously not big enough to make too much of a ****, or we would have heard more about it and not be having this debate. Am I defending either one? No.

Now, this thread is done, luckily I caught it before Choco could come in and spread even more propaganda. Don't PM me, and don't bitch. People who love to e-fight love these topics, and they always end up locked, so let me save you guys some typing time. Spend it on worthwhile topics, we've got plenty of them around here you could help out with.

PS - I'm going to badger my engineer friend to work on this. He already calculated the temperature rise caused by the friction of airflow passing over an IAC sensor, and did it for ***** and giggles.

Quick Reply: Intake Manifold Heatsoak - Aluminum (Weiand) Vs. Composite (LS6)