Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

slp out of stock

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 02:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slp out of stock

I put in a online order of an slp lid a couple of days ago. I contacted the vendor to check on the shipping and I was told that they are on back order and that I won't be able to get it for about three weeks! Does anyone know what the hell this **** is about????
Old 03-12-2007, 04:02 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by m_ghonim
I put in a online order of an slp lid a couple of days ago. I contacted the vendor to check on the shipping and I was told that they are on back order and that I won't be able to get it for about three weeks! Does anyone know what the hell this **** is about????
m_ghonim,

Please do not bang your head too hard. You will be more then happy if you wait it out. We changed over to a new injected molded piece that will provide an even better fit and finish compared to the older SLP lid. We included a slight angle on the tabs so that they slide in the base with much less effort then the previous lid. There are also no more plastic weld marks on the side of the neck. The lid dimensions, because of the new injection tooling have a much tighter tolerance then the old lid giving the same excellent fit and finish to each and every lid.

Hang in there I know you will not be disappointed.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks
Hank
Old 03-12-2007, 09:23 PM
On The Tree

so they're on b/o cause new mods are being made to the lid? is that what hes sayin
Old 03-12-2007, 09:40 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by LS1ne
so they're on b/o cause new mods are being made to the lid? is that what hes sayin
Yes, that is exactly it.

B/O because of mods and new tooling.

Thanks
Hank
Old 03-12-2007, 10:36 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SLPPower
Yes, that is exactly it.

B/O because of mods and new tooling.

Thanks
Hank
Now if only we could get you guys to produce the CME valences again *sigh*

On a more applicable note, I was actually very impressed with your older lid. If this new one is even better, then it must be really, really nice. Props to you guys.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:17 PM
Teching In

Any idea when the new lids will be finished? I've been waiting over a month now for mine.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:28 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by TransAmWS6
Any idea when the new lids will be finished? I've been waiting over a month now for mine.

I appologize for the delay, the new lids are finished and we have been shipping about 100 a day. EVERY lid will be shipped out eliminating ALL backorders by next tuesday. If you want to PM me your full name and PH# I can see if your lid has shipped already. It very well might have.

Thanks
Hank
Old 04-19-2007, 06:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

.....Interesting!
Old 04-19-2007, 09:26 PM
On The Tree

I wouldn't think so, but... does the new lid flow any better than the old one, or just look/fit better?
Old 04-19-2007, 09:48 PM
TECH Resident

+1 make the cme valance again..btw i love my old slp lid
Old 04-20-2007, 07:29 AM
Pontiacerator

Received 209 Likes on 176 Posts

We changed over to a new injected molded piece that will provide an even better fit and finish compared to the older SLP lid. We included a slight angle on the tabs so that they slide in the base with much less effort then the previous lid. There are also no more plastic weld marks on the side of the neck. The lid dimensions, because of the new injection tooling have a much tighter tolerance then the old lid giving the same excellent fit and finish to each and every lid.
Props to SLP for professionalism and for continuing to support the LS1. A good lid just got better.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:46 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Adrenaline_SS
I wouldn't think so, but... does the new lid flow any better than the old one, or just look/fit better?
Flow is the same. Just a much better fit and look.

Thanks
Hank
Old 04-20-2007, 02:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

just got my SLP lid today and put it on....great fit and finish...but Christ almighty it took me like 25 min. to make the MAF fit into the lid. That thing was tight like prom night
Old 04-20-2007, 02:50 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by turbowhistle86
just got my SLP lid today and put it on....great fit and finish...but Christ almighty it took me like 25 min. to make the MAF fit into the lid. That thing was tight like prom night
The fit is tight (and should be) and it will be very hard to insert the MAF if the lid is room temperature. The instructions should have on the top of them to heat the outlet of the neck with a hair dryer then insert the MAF. Do this for about 2-3 min and the MAF will slide in much easier.

Turbowhistle86, I know this will not help you now, sorry.

Thanks
Hank
Old 04-20-2007, 04:04 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got mine and everything fit together perfect, great product! Thanks SLP!
Old 04-21-2007, 09:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Flow is the same. Just a much better fit and look.

Thanks
Hank
i've had my lid since 2003-04 and it got out of shape w/in the first 6 months of owning it. i figured i would complain to you guys if it ever bowed bad enough to were unfiltered air starts getting in lol.
Old 04-21-2007, 03:20 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The fit is tight (and should be) and it will be very hard to insert the MAF if the lid is room temperature. The instructions should have on the top of them to heat the outlet of the neck with a hair dryer then insert the MAF. Do this for about 2-3 min and the MAF will slide in much easier.

Turbowhistle86, I know this will not help you now, sorry.

Thanks
Hank
I too had to wait a month to acquire mine from Speed Inc. The fit is beyond freakishly tight. It took me an hour and a half to get that bitch on. My dad and I were both pushing together and couldn't get it on. We were pushing so hard the ridge on the MAF was actually cutting what looked like threads into the inside of the lid. I'm going to have to revisit the instructions about temperature, but all I saw was lubrication "might" be necessary. I put the MAF in the freezer, put soap on the inside of the lid, and put the oven on broil with the door open to heat the end of the lid, still wouldn't go on. Ended up resoaping, refreezing the maf, and taking a propane torch to the lid to get it to fit. Which was still a huge pain in the *** after torching it.

Not to mention what's up with the little plug on the side? That thing was also a major pain in the *** to get in? What's the purpose of that thing? Couldn't the lid be cast without that in there? I like the lid now that it's on, but I was about to smash that **** trying to get it to fit.
Old 04-22-2007, 04:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

would this new SLP lid rub the underside of the camaro SS hoods? all my friends that had your older version that have SS camaros rubbed the under side of the hood.
Old 04-22-2007, 08:48 AM
12 Second Club

I ordered one from ws6store.com and it took almost 2 months b/c SLP had them on backorder....

But they were really good and shipped them out to everyone on the waiting list the same day they received them from SLP. The fit was tight, especially compared to when I put mine on! (this one went on a friends car)
Old 04-22-2007, 07:38 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
I too had to wait a month to acquire mine from Speed Inc. The fit is beyond freakishly tight. It took me an hour and a half to get that bitch on. My dad and I were both pushing together and couldn't get it on. We were pushing so hard the ridge on the MAF was actually cutting what looked like threads into the inside of the lid. I'm going to have to revisit the instructions about temperature, but all I saw was lubrication "might" be necessary. I put the MAF in the freezer, put soap on the inside of the lid, and put the oven on broil with the door open to heat the end of the lid, still wouldn't go on. Ended up resoaping, refreezing the maf, and taking a propane torch to the lid to get it to fit. Which was still a huge pain in the *** after torching it.

Not to mention what's up with the little plug on the side? That thing was also a major pain in the *** to get in? What's the purpose of that thing? Couldn't the lid be cast without that in there? I like the lid now that it's on, but I was about to smash that **** trying to get it to fit.
Sorry to hear you had such a hard time. There should be no reason to torch any lid as you might warp the opening. The opening in the new lid is the same size as the old lid. After reading your post this evening, I checked another 2 lids from the stash that I keep in my office when things such as these come up with the hair dryer and without. With the hair dryer the MAF slipped on with no issue. Without the hair dryer and with WD-40 it took me about 2 1/2 minutes to get it in.

As for the plug. If you try and jam the plug in and bend the edges that is when it becomes difficult. Take your time and line it up in the center of the hole by looking from the inside of the lid before you install it. This needs to be a tight fit as well as it needs to be air tight.

Again, sorry you had a hard time.

Hank

Quick Reply: slp out of stock