Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 OTL to Loudmouth?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 01:56 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 OTL to Loudmouth?

I have SLP 2 OTL catback on my 96 Z now, I am planning on gettin Pacesetter headers and Y pipe. I have heard some loudmouths and they sound MEAN and I love the sound. Anybody think I should go ahead and go all out and put on the loudmoth catback on with the headers and Y or just leave the 2 OTL with the Pacesetters and Y.
Old 03-18-2007, 03:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive got a SLP Loudmouth 2 I would trade you for you TOTL if its in good shape.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by vaughn96
I have SLP 2 OTL catback on my 96 Z now, I am planning on gettin Pacesetter headers and Y pipe. I have heard some loudmouths and they sound MEAN and I love the sound. Anybody think I should go ahead and go all out and put on the loudmoth catback on with the headers and Y or just leave the 2 OTL with the Pacesetters and Y.
Are you going to run an ORY (no cats) with those Pacesetter longtubes? If you are, that Loudmouth is going to sound incredibly raspy and poppy. Even if you did run a highflow catted Y, I think your current SLP 2OTL sounds MUCH better than any Loudmouth system. The Loudmouth is just loud noise to me with no tone or real rumble.

If you just want to make your current set-up louder, save your money and install a cheap $35 cutout on the I-pipe of your cat-back system...Then you can be loud as heck when you want (like a Loudmouth), but also quiet it down when you need to by running it through the muffler.

You also aren't really going to gain any power by making the switch anyway since the 2OTL flows great. But to this day, SLP 2OTL on an LT1 =
Old 03-18-2007, 03:53 PM
Teching In

Thanks, that is what some of my buddies have been sayin so I think I am just gonna stick with the 2 OTL.
Old 03-18-2007, 03:57 PM
12 Second Club

im sellin my loudmouth because i got lt's and ory. too loud and raspy. any cop within a mile can hear you if you're 1500+ rpm