Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP True Duals

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 11:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TDs will make ur car sound A LOT nicer.. clearence isnt that bad.. better then my catted y pipe thats for sure.. i could give u an idle video but ive got a 232/234 w/ heads/intake
Old 03-18-2007, 11:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lets see the vid
Old 03-18-2007, 11:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man i feel like ive just been whoring this video oh well .. here ya go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYgeBUU7GwY
Old 03-18-2007, 11:30 PM
12 Second Club

hmmm....i really cant tell how loud it is from the vid. sounds awesome but i need to make sure whatever i get is kinda quiet at idle. i guess i could always add cats though
Old 03-19-2007, 12:51 AM
Launching!

I have LTs + TSP True Duals with bullet mufflers dumped and I must say I love it to death! Best sounding LS1 I've ever heard that wasn't cammed. But, it is indeed very loud, verryyyy loud! Starting the car in the morning usually triggers at least 5 car alarms from nearby cars (which has pretty much become a hobby of mine), idle is pretty loud and has a nice deep rumbly "glug glug" sound, regular cruising sounds incredible and is not annoying loud at all, interior resonace is not too bad.. but still maybe too loud for some people especially on the highway, and WOT pretty much sounds like the apocalypse and hell has been unleased upon Earth!!! Volume wise I say it is slightly quiter than my friend's 99 T/a with LTs+LM+ORY setup, but mine is much louder at idle and NO WHERE NEAR the rasp, plus mine is MUCHHHH deeper sounding. In fact, there isn't any of that popping/crackling rasp in my setup. Sounds like a muscle car, but a race car at WOT.

BTW pleaseeee do not go by soundclips, they are sooooooooooooooo inaccurate. I took a video of my exhaust once and it sounded NOTHING like it does in person, so inaccurate that I didn't even post it.

Ground clearance is the only thing I dislike about TDs, it's bad. There are some speed bumps that I actually cannot clear without smashing the exhaust. I already have a bunch of dents in the pipes and mufflers from bottoming out so much. I've attached a few pics of the exhaust to show you how low it is.

After seeing what you want, I do believe that TDs may be too loud for your taste, they really are not much quieter than your current LM setup, just better sounding and raspless. And clearance is pretty damn bad. I Hope this helps

Last edited by Formula_X; 03-19-2007 at 01:02 AM.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:40 AM
12 Second Club

yea that definitely helps....i wonder if it would be quiet enough with cats though???

if not im gonna have to go with hooker catback