Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which Y pipe with QTP and SLP D/D

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 12:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Y pipe with QTP and SLP D/D

I am installing a new exhaust setup where I will be running QTP's HVMC headers and a 3" catback with SLP Dual/Dual muffler. I am trying to figure out which y-pipe setup will be the best. I was looking at the QTP with dual cutouts but I have a UMI tunnel mount torque arm with a DS loop and am worried about fitment. My old setup was SLP headers and their catted Y with a corsa catback and it sounded great down low but when you gave it throttle it had one of the strangest exhaust sounds I had ever heard and was still a little too loud for the streets of the small town I live in. So I am looking for quiet most of the time and mean as hell when I want it to be. What do you guys recommend I use for a y-pipe setup so I will have the best overall fitment/sound with the other components I have?
Old 03-26-2007, 01:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ahhhh!!!! i just researched the same thing. i had a similar issue as you.

the BEST is a custom Y-pipe, but that is pricey.

the EASIEST is a QTP y-pipe. but it is not stainless i believe and has some fitment issues and hangs a little low (this is what i settled with)

an ALTERNATIVE is this: https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/682400-qtp-headers-kooks-y-pipe-spohn-solid-motor-mounts.html

now its up to you.... do you have the cash and resources to dish out for a custom. if you can DO IT!!!! its much worth it. good material, good fitment, choice of collector. its a win win. if you just want a quick solution like i did, get a QTP one. im not expecting anything fancy, but i wanna get my damn car on the road already.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

custom y might be good, not sure if QTP's y will fit in your application but I would recommend it. Call QTP and ask them.