Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help on intake install!!! ASAP

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 10:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help on intake install!!! ASAP

i am installing a weiand intake and have a couple of questions, where does the canister line go from the firewall to passenger side then where?

also on the driver side of the car there are the male ends of connectors that go in the injectors, then there are 2 more, one goes into the fuel lines and the other goes where?

then on the passenger side there is the rubber hose, well the weiand intake doesnt have the piece that fits into there, i had an ls6 intake on there before but not sure how that all hooks up.

answers are greatly appreciated!
Old 03-27-2007, 10:23 PM
11 Second Club

ok on the pass side the hose from the firewall goes to the pcv on the front of the intake.on the back of the intake you have the heater vaccum line and breakbooster line on the front the line
went to the fuel rail on my 98.hope this helps
Old 03-27-2007, 10:26 PM
11 Second Club

Default this may help

heres a pic of mine not a real good pic it may help though
Old 03-27-2007, 11:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not sure what your talking about. I dont have a weiand but I just did a professional product swap. I think you are talking about the air pump line in the first question. I have a 98 so that doesnt really help you out.

The second question i think you are talking about the vent that goes to the front of the manifold right behind the throttle body. I guess thats what your talking about?

The last thing I think you are talking about is the line that is for your vents or whatever. My manifold came with the adaptors to make everything fit, I'm guessing yours didnt?

If that isn't what your talking about try and explain it a little better and I will try and help.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

can anyone take a quick snap shot close up of the driver side fuel rails?
Old 03-27-2007, 11:44 PM
11 Second Club

Its almost 1 in the morning, but I do have have a couple pictures. Let me know if that helps.

Old 03-28-2007, 12:36 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by black97ss
i am installing a weiand intake and have a couple of questions, where does the canister line go from the firewall to passenger side then where?

also on the driver side of the car there are the male ends of connectors that go in the injectors, then there are 2 more, one goes into the fuel lines and the other goes where?

then on the passenger side there is the rubber hose, well the weiand intake doesnt have the piece that fits into there, i had an ls6 intake on there before but not sure how that all hooks up. answers are greatly appreciated!
you will a barbed fitting that runs out of the weiand... much like the brake booster hose... hopefully you got the barbed fittings when you got the intake if not you can pick them up from an auto parts store... also remember before you put that thing on to check and make sure the bottom gasket is in place... that is a vaccum leak you dont want! ( know from experience)

later
Old 03-28-2007, 08:28 AM
11 Second Club

Thats why I glued mine and let it sit until it was ready. It just makes for more work when you have to take it off.

If the weiand is anything like the PP manifold, I had 3 holes in the back of mine. I had to block off the one to the far right so it wouldnt break the oil pressure sending unit. I didnt have that part in mine because it was supposed to be recalled and I broke mine. Hope you dont have the same problem.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

we got a couple guys from wyotec coming tonight to check it out, yay for computers and high technology they think they got the problem under control, will see tonight