Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kook's 1 3/4", stepped, or 1 7/8" Header Help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 12:13 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

No regrets what so ever with my stepped. All they car does is go.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:55 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
Heres something that doesnt happen very often taco is wrong.
The 1 3/4's and 1 7/8's are the same price.
who cares? you're still going through a harder install for headers that likely won't perform any better. i've heard many a nightmare installing 1 7/8 headers, even the kooks.
Old 05-05-2007, 07:01 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm running 1 3/4 kooks lt stainless steal. love them have had them on for alittle 2 yrs now and still no rust, however do have some discoloration due to high heat from exhaust just a couple of inches from heads but, thats expected. go with 1 3/4 for best fit.
Old 05-05-2007, 10:52 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
who cares? you're still going through a harder install for headers that likely won't perform any better. i've heard many a nightmare installing 1 7/8 headers, even the kooks.
Well you can either be accurate or you can be Taco I guess. I just installed the stepped and they were easier than the last 1 3/4 headers I installed.
Old 05-05-2007, 07:52 PM
Tech Resident

Well you can either be accurate or you can be Taco I guess. I just installed the stepped and they were easier than the last 1 3/4 headers I installed.
mm hmm. and did you install kooks 1 3/4 the last time? otherwise, you're mixing and matching brands and designs. you really can't do that to gauge install difficulty. also, this was your second time around doing headers. they're sure to be much easier the second time around. not to mention you didn't have to remove all the stock stuff again.

you wish you were me. i guess only i'm that lucky. me >> you
Old 05-05-2007, 09:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
mm hmm. and did you install kooks 1 3/4 the last time? otherwise, you're mixing and matching brands and designs. you really can't do that to gauge install difficulty. also, this was your second time around doing headers.
The first set was Stainless Works and they were a PIA to get in. The Kooks were by far a lot easier and it had nothing to do with the fact that I installed the SW's already. They're just a better fit so install is a lot easier.

As far as removing the stock stuff use penetrating oil and you wont have trouble.

Your whole argument was to not use the 1 7/8's because they dont do anything and cost more than the 1 3/4's. So I corrected you on that. They are the same price as the 1 3/4's , its the stepped that cost more.(and for reason). Now your going down a different path to not be wrong about what you've said and no matter what your still wrong Just give it up.
Old 05-05-2007, 09:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1 3/4 gets the job done...
Old 05-05-2007, 10:25 PM
Tech Resident

The first set was Stainless Works and they were a PIA to get in. The Kooks were by far a lot easier and it had nothing to do with the fact that I installed the SW's already. They're just a better fit so install is a lot easier.

As far as removing the stock stuff use penetrating oil and you wont have trouble.

Your whole argument was to not use the 1 7/8's because they dont do anything and cost more than the 1 3/4's. So I corrected you on that. They are the same price as the 1 3/4's , its the stepped that cost more.(and for reason). Now your going down a different path to not be wrong about what you've said and no matter what your still wrong Just give it up.
who gives a ****? the gains are not there? a lot of people actually gain no hp and lose low end by going to 1 7/8. also, if you want to look at it from a technical standpoint, 1 7/8 headers can be more expensive as it may require more tools to get it done, more time spent on the install, modifications to the k-member and block tab, or if you're paying to get it done, more labor to the shop.

1 3/4 > 1 7/8. unless you're running a stroker or big boost, i see no point.

Quick Reply: Kook's 1 3/4", stepped, or 1 7/8" Header Help!