Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! How do you remove the oil filler neck from vavle cover

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 02:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! How do you remove the oil filler neck from vavle cover

I know there must be an easy way to remove this neck that either screws in or something else.I tried everthing to remove this from the valve cover on my 1999 Trans Am.Its where you remove the cap to put oil into motor and its the neck that the cap screws onto.I would like to get a billet one but I cant figure out how to remove this thing.Probably a lot easier than than it looks.Most screw off.Thanks
Old 04-08-2007, 02:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Take the oil fill cap off, then twist the neck like u unsrewed the cap. Comes out in 2 sec.
Old 04-08-2007, 03:10 PM
TECH Addict

it's locked in from the inside of the valve cover. you can turn it really hard, and it will come off - however it might mess it up permanently
Old 04-08-2007, 03:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you turn it hard it will break the tab on the inside, then you may have plastic fall into you crankcase. Remove the valve cover and release the tab with a small screwdriver and it will twist right out.
Old 04-08-2007, 04:36 PM
TECH Resident

Never did that to mine. They twist off really easily. Same as 3.8 supercharged buicks. I've had mine off, nothing broken or anything. I will have to take it off my car again and check it out. I just had it off a week ago before the snow storm. Never seen one where you need to remove the valve cover. But if it is really tight, do what others said and be safe and remove the cover. Not worth the damage. But it should come off easy

Last edited by BlackDuk98; 04-08-2007 at 05:26 PM.

Quick Reply: Help! How do you remove the oil filler neck from vavle cover