Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm about fed up w/ my Kooks headers & GMMG catback

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 08:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't believe an exhaust shop can't fix this. My shop Made my TSP Y pipe fit my XS headers. It was nowhere near fitting to begin with.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol i had this same problem with my car when i had the gmmg and longtubes with ory, the fix was to go sell the gmmg while it is still worth something, and the Ory. Take your car to a good performance shop and tell them to hook you up with some duals. mine are so close to the floor board but are so tight that i would never have any problem with them hitting cause the whole system is solid, the problem with band clamps is the system twist causing the pipes to move and hit the floorboard.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

but i love the way it sounds and dont really want TDs right now.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ShevrolayZ28
Eh. Sorry the photo posted by jimmypop13 shows a v-band clamp, I thought it was your exhaust, but apparently it is not. Sorry for the confusion.

I'm surprised you're having problems with your Kooks system. They have a reputation for being a good fitting system. I had some banging on mine, but it was remedied by installing poly motor mounts.

If your system is riding against the bottom of the car, the motor mounts might not help. OTOH, I find it hard to believe that the system can not be tweaked to a better fit. I would call George at Kooks and ask for his advise. I've worked with him before, he's a helpful guy.

Good luck.

Thanks, I may be giving them a call if we cant get it fixed this weekend at the exhaust shop. I just got in the bumpstop bracket that Thunder Racing sells. Going to give it a shot and try some adjusting.