Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front O2 sensors?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 09:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front O2 sensors?

Well about a month ago i was throwing 3 different front O2 sensor codes so i decided to replace them. Well after i replaced them all the codes went away and i had no more SES light. Well yesterday i took the car out for a drive and all of a sudden my SES light comes on, its been about a month with no problems and no light. Well my question is can weather have a effect on the front O2 senors? The only difference was yesterday when i took her out for a drive it was in the mid 40's outside. And it hasnt been that cold since i replaced the front O2's. My next questions is if it is due to the weather does this mean the O2s are bad now or should they be fine once the weather warms up? My only logic behind this is that the cold weather is not allowing the senors to reach the normal operating temps.

BTW i havent scanned the car for the new codes yet but i am just assuming that it is the front O2s.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the club.

The sensors should work in cold or warm weather. I'm guessing your problems relate to having long tube headers.

BTW, you can take your car to a place like Auto Zone and they will scan it for free.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:47 PM
On The Tree

your probably getting the insuficiant heater circuit code, you could change them out to the corvette rears, they have a higher wattage, and before you start the car put the key foward to start but don't and wait like 30seconds for them to warm up and then start her up.
Old 04-08-2007, 11:22 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tell us the actual codes. Bosch 13111's may be a solution for you, do a search to read more about them.

http://rep.speedycarparts.com/parts/...gory=C&dp=true

They are on there for pretty cheap. You can also sell your O2 extensions, as they aren't needed with the 'vette rears.
Old 04-09-2007, 02:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well i guess you all missed the part that i just replaced them a month ago. I did replace them with the Bosch 13111's. Everything was fine i thought they fixed the problem but now i have the SES light again. My question is can the weather effect them?
Old 04-09-2007, 02:53 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by PunkNPonys
Well i guess you all missed the part that i just replaced them a month ago. I did replace them with the Bosch 13111's. Everything was fine i thought they fixed the problem but now i have the SES light again. My question is can the weather effect them?
Should weather have an effect on them no? can it?...sure. Scan the damn codes it may not even be a o2 code! quit assuming its an o2 and thinking the weather has something to do with it. No one can help you with the vaque information. Yes It is possible you have bad o2s. I have had the insufficent heater before.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dpw41285
Should weather have an effect on them no? can it?...sure. Scan the damn codes it may not even be a o2 code! quit assuming its an o2 and thinking the weather has something to do with it. No one can help you with the vaque information. Yes It is possible you have bad o2s. I have had the insufficent heater before.
Why does it matter if i scan the codes or not what if i wasnt throwing a code and just wanted to know for future refrence if weather has an effect or not. I am not dumb i know the weather should not have an effect, i just wanted to know if it can. How am i being vague? I didnt ask for someone to troubleshoot my SES light. I just asked a simple question and i guess it has been answered now.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:38 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by PunkNPonys
Why does it matter if i scan the codes or not what if i wasnt throwing a code and just wanted to know for future refrence if weather has an effect or not. I am not dumb i know the weather should not have an effect, i just wanted to know if it can. How am i being vague? I didnt ask for someone to troubleshoot my SES light. I just asked a simple question and i guess it has been answered now.
What if no one felt like helping someone that was acting like an ***?

...just something to ponder.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:42 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
Tell us the actual codes. Bosch 13111's may be a solution for you, do a search to read more about them.

http://rep.speedycarparts.com/parts/...gory=C&dp=true

They are on there for pretty cheap. You can also sell your O2 extensions, as they aren't needed with the 'vette rears.

When i switched to LT's I put in 13111's and never a light.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:47 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
When i switched to LT's I put in 13111's and never a light.
Consider yourself fortunate.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:40 AM
TECH Addict

My last Z went through a driver side 02 every month or so. I think it was killing the heater. I ran the rear Vette 02's from AC Delco. No one could ever answer why. I think the car just ran too rich at idle. I also thought it may have something to do with the much more downstream location of the sensor in the collector instead of right by the head. Mine was a bolt on car with 224/228 581 112 XER cam. It was one of the reasons I sold it. I'm hoping this Bosch 13111 is better for my new project.