Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wich cutout DMH or QTP?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 04:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wound up going with DMH because I had several friends with QTP and had issues with the valve rattling, falling off and motor failure. On the other hand I have heard tha QTP has made improvements. I'm just going to stick w/my DMH.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:02 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ace$nyper
DMH offers better warr that alone really would be selling point for me.
this is my thought. you're going to hear more complaints about a broken QTP electric cutout than a DMH strictly because many more people own a QTP electric cutout. they're probably very close in quality and failure rate. since you're basically getting the same product with the same failure rate, get the one with the better warranty. if QTP offered the same warranty as DMH, i'd get it from them since i like their company, but if DMH is offering me more protection, i gotta go with the better deal.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:47 PM
TECH Resident

I have a QTP and works great. I see everyone talk about better warranty. Does anyone realize you are paying like $50 more for a DMH. One of the local kids had DMH with there longer warranty, was not worth a dime because they did not answer the phone or respond back to him. He bought a QTP right after that. You guys are paying more for that warranty. I bet if QTP jacked there prices up they would offer longer warranty.
Also look at all the shops that carry QTP and not DMH. What does that tell you.

BTW this is my opinion
Old 04-10-2007, 06:38 PM
On The Tree

but there both $199 on there websites!!!! foe the 3"
Old 04-10-2007, 06:47 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Order 66
Also look at all the shops that carry QTP and not DMH. What does that tell you.
bigger company and better advertisement. again, i like QTP. they're a great company and their products are great. e-cutouts just have a high failure rate and if they're the same or similar price, the one with the better warranty is the better buy.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:32 PM
11 Second Club

Ive had the QTP's on my old camaro SS for about 5 years with not one issue and im currently running duals on my ZO6 and I love them. Also going to be putting one on my trailblazer SS.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:38 PM
On The Tree

QTP SS cutout and DMH electric cutout. I'm gonna have to call DMH, my cutout rattles when shut.

Quick Reply: Wich cutout DMH or QTP?