Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I Just Got A Modified Exhaust Ticket Today "27151a"

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 12:01 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by d james
No kiddin Cali sucks, everything is expensive, and its the most populated state, even where I'm at its packed on the freeway, and I'm 100 miles out of LA in the frikin desert. I tryed ordering some old surplus ammo from 1960, but can't import it to cali cause it is ammo hooked on the links like you would see on a 30 cal. machine gun. Aparently since it is on links its considered high capacity magazine, so its not allowed. Hell they are limited to 10 round clips and no muzzle flash hiders.
Did I mention camera lights everywhere
everything sucks here-I can't wait to move
Don't even get me started on Kali gun laws, that would be FAR too off topic for tech.

That belongs here:

http://www.seatstaysup.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2

Old 04-15-2007, 12:57 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cali isn't for everyone that's for sure. People who like to do all kinds of **** love it. But if 29 (yes 29) hours of your day goes to budweiser and being cool for paying 4 dollars less to fill your tank in your "kick the man" where it hurts no-cat car, then yeah theres 49 other states for you. Texas is actually pretty cool in some ways but not enough to make me move there. Not to mention Arnold would kill 'Ol G. W. in a cagematch
Old 04-15-2007, 01:04 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Chris95Z
Cali isn't for everyone that's for sure. People who like to do all kinds of **** love it.
What have you been smoking?

The main problem with Kali is that their oppressive government DOESN'T let you do so many things.

Obvious example: Modifying your car. One of those things that fits isn't the "all kinds of ****" category you mention is running what exhaust we want to run, which means no cats. But no, Kali won't let you do that. Heck, they won't let you run anything that isn't CARB (Kali air resources board, or whatever it is) approved!

This is too far off topic to be discussing in a tech forum. If anybody wants to continue this I suggest opening a topic in Seat Stays Up and putting the link in this thread.

Last edited by blkZ28spt; 04-15-2007 at 01:21 PM.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Any results of this yet?

-B
Old 04-30-2007, 10:52 PM
TECH Junkie

man that sucks... last week i got pulled over for going pretty sideways in an intersection right infront of a cop, and he let me go.. i didnt have my seatbelt on either i swear to the lord!
Old 04-30-2007, 10:59 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have mixed feelings about it sometimes. I hear people knocking the **** out of this state all the time and that's fine, I guess there's a reason for that. I enjoy the weather, the great scenery, some of the places in Cali really are great both in their culture, history, and progress. I can feel the pressure on the wallet sometimes, but its not something that is overwhelming or a constant stress. Traffic blows sometimes but that just makes me drive less. Its nice to be able to go from the ocean to sacramento to tahoe in a matter of a few hours and have such a diverse community all around it. Your right though, some of these laws really are shitty, but i'm sure you would have seen it coming with the population and smog problem we have in the central valley. The sex got clean and the air got dirty that's for sure haha...

oh, ya if still have the stock catback and cats, slap those bitches on there.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:50 PM
TECH Regular

im going either today or monday, depending on how much work i have to do....
i got a gameplan but im not gonna reveal it till after i go...ill let yall know how it turns out...
Old 05-11-2007, 02:53 PM
10 Second Club

Good luck with the exhaust thing. My car spends very little time off base, so I don't get a ticket before I leave here.

As for comparing Cali to Texas? You don't make that much more money here than Texans do, and houses in Texas don't cost anywhere near a half a mill., unless it's a mansion. Gas prices are quite a bit cheaper, and food prices are cheaper. The only thing cheaper here, that I have found, is car ins. I pay $200 less a month than I did when I was stationed in Georgia.

The weather is great here, and so are the beaches. Not much greenery in So. Cal. though. Texas has everything you have in Cali, except snow top mountains. And, it has a lot less people and traffic. I tried taking my wife out to dinner (for valentine's day) at 4pm and there was a 2 hrs. wait at most of the resteraunts. Doesn't anybody ever work here. There is traffic on I-5 on the weekends. And people here don't seem as nice or willing to help as people in "The South" are when you need assistance.

I get to move out of here in 3 months, and am looking forward to it. I will be extremely happy living in the South again.

However, I am trying to go see some sights before I leave here, so I can try and appreciate this state before I leave. I will just be driving the "family mobile", so I won't get a ticket in my car for it being modified.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:56 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blackbirdofprey
So I thought that relocating the cats where illegal in all states, just most of them with less restrictive emission laws don't really care that much other then Cali.
yes, this is true.

1.) longtubes are ILLEGAL in ALL states.

2.) relocating your cats is ILLEGAL in ALL states. this means even aftermarket CATTED-Y PIPES ARE OFFROAD Y-pipes.

cali's the only state that are incredibly strict with it. it wouldn't be so bad if al gore, "mr. global warming," didn't rent our a nickel mine he owns that causes more damage to the environment than thousands of cars, and it also doesn't help that his house uses more energy in 1 month than the average american household in 1 year. it wouldn't be so bad if a toyota prius didn't cause more environmental damage in 100,000 miles than a hummer does in 300,000 miles. as long as politicians like al gore have made a career out of "global warming," the issue will never go away. without "global warming," where would al gore be? no one would know his name. "global warming" may be 100% natural for all we know. we only know a few things for sure:

1.) some scientists have been paid off to act like they beleive in global warming

2.) al gore was set to speak in at least one convention over the winter that had to be cancelled due to a snow storm

3.) more and more scientists are coming out of the woodwork saying that they believe global warming is natural, not man-made

4.) al gore would be NOTHING without it

it's all agenda. don't ever forget that.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Al Gore Invented The Internet!!!!!!!!!!

J K
Old 05-11-2007, 05:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by tim99ws6
Spoken like a typical californian.....

Have you ever been to TX???

I'd be willing to pay $4.00/gallon in TX before i packed up all my toys and moved to liberal cali.

Thanks but no thanks! ???!!!!

word!
i moved outta cali! ****** would **** me off getting pulled over every weekend.. they always gave me warnings tho...

cali is getting to strict with there dam laws! i like how out here in texas i have dumps, cam, and no front plate and cop will pass by, and give me thumbs up!
Old 05-11-2007, 06:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 01FormulaTA
+1, cali sucks for everything!
Fixed it for you.
Old 05-12-2007, 01:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SUCK MY SS
but To Tell You The Truth He Was Actually Pretty Cool....he Let Me Slide On The No Front License Plate And Told Me That If I Didnt Gas It He Wouldnt Have Even Pulled Me Over (even Though He Saw That Theres No Exhaust Piping Coming Out The Rear Of The Car).
There's the "secret": don't give the fuzz a reason to pay attention to you. I spent two years in San Diego and never even got looked at twice by the cops, even with 5% tint, no front plate, and dumped duals. At the same time, many of my friends with far quieter cars than mine were getting popped. The difference? I don't drive like an *******.

Out of the people I've talked to who have gotten exhaust tickets (and this applies for other tickets as well, like tint or no front plate) I'd say that at least 90% of the time they actually got pulled over because they were hot rodding around or doing something else that they shouldn't have been doing at the time.

Believe it or not, but many cops use exhaust/tint/plate tickets as a way to cut you some slack. Instead of slapping you with a moving violation and possibly ending up with points on your license or higher insurance, they hit with a ticket that just results in a fine. If the cop would have really wanted to be an *******, he would have given you a reckless driving or display of speed ticket or something along those lines.

The bottom line is that if your car is illegal, you run the chance of getting a ticket. However, you can greatly reduce your chances of getting said ticket if you follow the rules and don't give the cops a reason to pay attention to you in the first place.
Old 05-12-2007, 02:59 AM
Launching!

Why not just pay the current ticket?
I can't imagine a fix it ticket bieing too much
Old 05-12-2007, 03:17 PM
LS1Tech Editor

Once you get it all worked out, put the same system back on but run the tips all the way back instead of dumped. I've noticed as soon as you dump them then you run into problems.
Old 05-12-2007, 03:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Is this who I think it is on HT?

lol as far as on topic, from what everyone I've known from cali and even on my trip all I heard was keep your old stuff be ready to swap if need be.

I'd like to hear how it turns out and what you got up your sleave best of luck
Old 05-13-2007, 11:25 PM

get TD's, burn out, flip off the referee and yell "this add was paid for by Governor Jerry Brown"!

I hate cali, and plan on moving back to The US as soon as I can. There are no rights out here and these scumbags have enough unconstitutional laws to keep a good Supreme court justive busy for a while.

Just put the legal stuff on for the test, get cut outs afterwards and drive like a grandma. I have noticed that vettes typically drive more laxadasical* than any performance cars out here and as a result i RARELY see one pulled over. You have to put yourself in the cops shoes too, think of all the stupid people in cali who street race, and how many dismembered kids that guy has probably seen because they watched too much 2fast2furious.

Also, Fbods drivers are infamous smuggling contraband, a lot of times they find a stupid excuse to pull you over just to try and mull a drug search.

luckily, in my town the cops will most likely pull you over to talk to you about your car.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:20 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by tim99ws6
Spoken like a typical californian.....

Have you ever been to TX???

I'd be willing to pay $4.00/gallon in TX before i packed up all my toys and moved to liberal cali.

Thanks but no thanks! ???!!!!
most stupid post ive read all night. have you ever lived in either? im sure you havent lived in CA, yet youre going to judge it... Ive had an ory and cutouts or dumps or open headers for 2yrs with no probs in CA. And CA is a way better place to live than ALOT of places. Do you even KNOW any Californians?

anyways, yea man, it will only take a few hrs to rig a stock exhaust back on and then you can put your good **** back on that same night. Ive been figuring this will happen to me sometime.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:27 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by blkZ28spt
What have you been smoking?

The main problem with Kali is that their oppressive government DOESN'T let you do so many things.

Obvious example: Modifying your car. One of those things that fits isn't the "all kinds of ****" category you mention is running what exhaust we want to run, which means no cats. But no, Kali won't let you do that. Heck, they won't let you run anything that isn't CARB (Kali air resources board, or whatever it is) approved!

This is too far off topic to be discussing in a tech forum. If anybody wants to continue this I suggest opening a topic in Seat Stays Up and putting the link in this thread.
can you go snowboarding, surfing, and quad riding all in the same day?
Old 05-14-2007, 12:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SUCK MY SS
cali haters are just jealous
Wurd...Anyway, I think the cops in smaller towns are dicks...Since they have nothing else better to do...Honestly the ones here in norcal are lazy as hell...At least thats what it seems...They appreciate the domestic cars while the ricers are the ones that get screwed...My car was probably twice as loud as my bros civic and he got pulled over every once in awhile( for exhaust)...When I had my previous f-body, I had LT's with ORY and a cutout...Drove around with the cut out open all the time...No problems at all...Oh ya, I had 5% tint on the drivers side windows too( never bothered)...
If you don't need a ref to check it out, just find a cool cop that will sign it for ya...

Kev

Quick Reply: I Just Got A Modified Exhaust Ticket Today "27151a"