Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Serious Water pump leak, help

Old 03-14-2002, 11:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Serious Water pump leak, help

Well what worries me most is that I noticed it today and I haven't driven the car in 3 days. It appears to be coming from the bottom driver's side of the water pump, The coolnant pools at the bottom of the oil pan behind that crossmember. I did a search and didn't come up with much. It's really leakin good now. Do I need a new water pump or could it just be the gasket or something really simple.
-Josh
Old 03-14-2002, 11:45 PM
TECH Addict

Default Re: Serious Water pump leak, help

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Hugger:
<strong>Well what worries me most is that I noticed it today and I haven't driven the car in 3 days. It appears to be coming from the bottom driver's side of the water pump, The coolnant pools at the bottom of the oil pan behind that crossmember. I did a search and didn't come up with much. It's really leakin good now. Do I need a new water pump or could it just be the gasket or something really simple.
-Josh</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I would replace the gasket and if that doesnt work well its still under warranty isnt it?
Old 03-15-2002, 10:19 AM
10 Second Club

Warranty has been out for a while, its has 46K on it. Anyone know the part number for the gasket.
-Josh
Old 03-15-2002, 10:59 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,087 Likes on 716 Posts

Check your hoses too.
Old 03-16-2002, 12:41 AM
TECH Addict

Hugger, mine is doing the same thing, but not quite as bad. Let me know what you come up with please!

Search this Thread