Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTF that wasn't supposed to happen...

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 03:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTF that wasn't supposed to happen...

So I took my formula ws6 (Nine Ball's old formula) out to a track out in Sealy last night and made a few runs. Other than my reaction time sucking and the track having HORRIBLE traction, I did "decent" (12.7's at 112... like I said no traction - some guy spilled transmission fluid on the track and no one could hook though they spent about an hour trying to clean it). Anyways, I made a 1/4 run accelerated through to about 120 or so, then slowed down for the end. As I was slowing and making the left turn off of the track, I thought "What's this scraping noise I hear???" So I park in the grass by the feeder lanes, looked under my car, and HOLY CRAP my cats disconnected from the headers and the y-pipe was hanging by the I-pipe. I have FLP LT's so the cats are their own assembly with clips connecting them to the headers and y-pipe. Not exactly sure how that happened, but one of the bolts seems to have been missing, and another was bent beforehand (noticed it before, but it was holding just fine. Driving back from the track last night was hilarious... I couldn't hear a THING. And just when I thought I was home free, making my final turn, she almost shut off and started lurching/revving in front of the FIRST COP I HAD SEEN that entire trip. He quickly made a right turn from the left lane and started following, so I calmly darted into a parking lot and parked and turned off my car and PRAYED that he would just pass me by. I was wondering why I didn't see him turn in at first and follow me, he kinda waited outside. Well I figured out why as he and the backup he called drove past me about a minute later. Scared me so bad. Now I have to fix it though. I have 4 clips, but only 3 bolts, at least one of which (possibly two bolts) is mangled, and I can't find them anywhere. Anyone know where the heck I can find some FLP LT bolts for the clips that hold the cats? I've been looking at doing a dual setup, but I'm a little short on the cash and kinda need to be able to drive. All I need is new bolts and maybe one new clip. Any ideas???

Oh, pictures/video will be up soon.