Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stainless Headers and Y-pipe NEW TECH SPONSOR

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 02:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any possibilities of another group purchase?? Just curious to see when it would be. Im just curious about what Y im going to go with, I want it catted. Or I would love to go TSP True Dual. Any sound clips of the headers hooked up yet??? Im very interested!
Old 07-15-2007, 02:18 AM
Banned

You never know We are just thinking about doing a crazy summer sale and offering the package for $550 shipped until the end of August.

And offering the additional Military discount until then also.

Here's some sound clips with the header and y and a magnaflow cat back.
Please excuse the miss shifts I was having clutch problems at the time

http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...haust_0001.flv
http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...haust_0002.flv
Old 07-15-2007, 09:58 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by INMY01TA
Wow! And here's a guy who had to modify his Pacesetter Y (you said would fit) post#8:http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...highlight=ebay
Just tryin to help ya man cuz it don't fit. I wouldn't take anything anyone that appears on the manufactures site as gospel.

Ok first off I was ASKING if it fit, not telling you that every y-pipe should have fit, since I have zero personal experience with their headers. I got a response that it would fit from someone, now you are saying they don't so I suppose it comes down to two different cars with two different scenarios, I will take each with a grain of salt. If I took what appears on a manufacturers site as gospel I wouldn't have asked questions, not trying to be a jerk but I was just relaying what I had heard on here, I guess now I will have to find out for myself. But thank you for your input as now I have some considering to do.

Back on to the original reason for this thread: this is a great deal on what look to be a great looking pair of headers, you may be getting a call from me soon
Old 07-18-2007, 01:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What is the link to the XS header website?? anybody? Sounds like a pretty good product to me. Also... (I am sure it was answered in the thread) but does it come with the hardware (headers bolts and gaskets) I am sure 02 sims are not included... but do yu sell them also?

thanks
Old 07-18-2007, 02:57 PM
Banned

We don't have our site up yet. You just reuse your stock bolts and gaskets. Sorry we don't sell O2 sims.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:29 PM
Launching!

[QUOTE=black2002ws6]You never know We are just thinking about doing a crazy summer sale and offering the package for $550 shipped until the end of August.

Do you offer a catted y?
Old 07-18-2007, 07:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

no they dont offer a catted y... read the rest of the thread and you would find that out.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:39 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by black2002ws6
Oh sorry about that. Yes they are guaranteed to fit. Not sure what you mean about condition they are brand new. But as with any after market part some adjustments may be necessary.
To all buyers please take notice.
Some adjustments mean that you may have to cut and reweld the header or heat it up and bend it to get the y-pipe on. Also some k-member grinding might be necessary.

Quote from email sent to me... "So far we have sold over 75 of these packages and only had a couple of people have problems. One of them heated the pipes at the collector and pulled it down a little. The other had a small pie cut out of the collector and then pulled down and rewelded. As far as the K member a lot of people have had the same problem with all the other header manufactures. They usually just grind a little off the K member for clearance."
Please look at the pics to see what I mean by this!

Hitting K-Memeber on drivers side

Driver side collecter running to the crossmemeber/fuel lines...Y-Pipe will not go in like this

Old 08-28-2007, 08:49 AM
Staging Lane

Wish I would have read this site first before purchasing....didnt see it before hand.

Let the records show I still would like to use the headers but at this moment can not. The welds and visual quality of the headers are fine, I just dont feel like one should have to modify them to fit the car. Just IMO.

-BW-
Old 08-28-2007, 09:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

I had to grind a little on the K member. No big deal only took 5 minutes. I also made the pie cut and re-tig welded the collector which made the y pipe fit so much better. why they dont do this step before they ship them I dont know but for the money you cant get a better stainless header.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Y will go on. Thats why its flattened to clear the brace.

Why not do a search and see how many other headers may have some type of fitment issue. Not all cars are the same. My $1k+ kooks sat on the K member and almost rubbed a hole in them. Ive read QTPs with problems, Kooks, Pacesetter, etc...

You got a stainless steel header and Y pipe for 1/2 the cost of the others. There are PLENTY of sets that have been sold with NO problems.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by texinteg
I had to grind a little on the K member. No big deal only took 5 minutes. I also made the pie cut and re-tig welded the collector which made the y pipe fit so much better. why they dont do this step before they ship them I dont know but for the money you cant get a better stainless header.
Its being looked into. :Cheers:
Old 08-28-2007, 11:32 AM
Staging Lane

Let me correct myself then...

I got the y-pipe on, but it wont stay on because of the inverse angle of the collector. It still hit the cross member and was more than just touching it because of the bind that the collector had the y-pipe in.

In other words the collector is pitched to far upwards for the y-pipe to slide down far enough to make a good connection, ie one that doesnt leak, clears the notches in the larger end of the pipe, and leaves any room between the y and the cross member.

-BW-
Old 08-28-2007, 02:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

I had the same issue when I had my XS headers and y-pipe installed. I was, however, able to get the y-pipe mounted. We wedged some rubber insulation between the y-pipe and the floorboard to reduce the vibration until I could get it modified to work better. My exhaust guy ended up welding in a slight turn-down in the y-pipe that allowed it to clear the floorboard. It works find now and doesn't vibrate at all. Someone had the same thing done a number of months ago. There's pic of it somewhere in the forum.

I also had a problem with rubbing the K-member. It was very slight, but it rubbed none the less. A minute or two with a Dremel tool took care of that.

As was mentioned before... tolerances from car to car are different. You're going to find where the same set of headers will go in fine on one car and have slight fitment issues on another. If you read all the header threads on this forum you'll find this is true with any brand you buy. Some, more prevalent than others, but you'll still find 'em. Having said all that, XS should do something about fixing the driver side collector 'cause that does seem to be the most common issue with these headers.

All things considered though, these are a real good deal when you start comparing price. Even though I had to dick around with the y-pipe and do a little grinding on my k-member, I still have a nice set of headers and y-pipe for a hell of a lot less than I would have paid for any other brand of stainless steel headers. I'm a happy XS cutomer!

Marc
Old 08-28-2007, 09:49 PM
Banned

Sale ends in 3 days
Sorry that Bluesteel is having a problem. We have sold over 75 of these sets and only a couple of people have had problems and they worked them out.
Everyone knows no two F-bodys are the same. We worked hard to try and make these fit as good as possible and give plenty of ground clearance. But there may be some issues depending on your car. Evey header company deals with the same problems with their headers not fitting perfect on every car. We try hard to help everyone out with problems they have and reach a solution to fix the problem. Our customer service is Number One with us. Most other companys won't even answer your emails. We are on Tech every day to answer PM's and we try and answer our emails everyday.

Carl
LPP President
Old 08-31-2007, 01:35 AM
Banned

Sale ends today.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:38 AM
Banned

Sent you a PM.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:29 PM
Launching!

I just put mine on last weekend and I am very happy with them even though I had some fitment issues also. I don't think you can beat them for the price. I have the same fitment issues with the driver side collector. I couldn't get the y pipe all the way on. I got it on as far as I could and really cinched down on the band clamp. I had 2 more issues also. One being the y pipe touching the fuel lines that follow along the driveshaft tunnel. I just put a piece of heater hose between them. The other being my #3 spark plug wire(second one back on the driver side) touches the header. I have taylor 8mm wires. I ziptied the wire up to keep it off the header. They look and sound great.

Quick Reply: Stainless Headers and Y-pipe NEW TECH SPONSOR