Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stainless Headers and Y-pipe NEW TECH SPONSOR

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 06:21 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There made in the US
Old 05-07-2007, 07:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wheeelzzz
I have a question? Are these headers shipped from overseas? They sure look like they are. I questioed 2 reputable header manufacturers about the pricing you've posted and both said they can only be made in China if they're sold so cheap. What's the honest answer to this question?

As long as the quality is there, who cares? Do you not use a Motorola cell phone made in Malaysia? Not wear a shirt made in the Philippines? BTW 4th gen Fbodies were made in Canada.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

OK guys here are some more pics(I know they are not the best)....I will try to post up some more tomorrow of what they look like under the car.....these are for sure the BEST headers I have seen as far as ground clearance, they tuck up way better than my coated pacesetters and pacesetter ory did, they also dont bang the floorboard barely any(although I did install a poly trans mount and did the heater tube around the y-pipe where it was close). The ONLY complaint I have is that the y-pipe does not match up very well with the drivers side collector.....I have wrestled with it for an hour and I can not get it to slide on all the way on as the pipe is more or less straight while the header collector points kinda at an angle towards the door......I am experiencing a small leak under WOT due to this but hopefully my exhaust shop can get it on the rest of the way......but anyways here are the pics.....

Old 05-08-2007, 02:58 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by landstuhltaylor
now you dont have to worry about being banned

That is always up for debate.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:18 AM
Banned

Actually they are manufactured in North Carolina. I have them, and they are excellent quality. The primaries are thick and the welds are very professional. They fit right in without removing anything but the plug wires. No grinding block casting, no cutting the k-member, no removing the steering shaft, no nothing.

Last edited by GEARHED; 05-09-2007 at 03:42 AM.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:19 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BigArchidia
What are going to do about the plug wires resting against the primaries?
Spark plug boost sleeves, they are made of kevlar and can touch directly against the headers. Thats what I have. Get them at your local Auto parts store.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by orangeapeel
That is always up for debate.

oh you **** waffle! im a good little boy, yall love me and you know it!
Old 05-08-2007, 02:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Onebadass, Spark plug wires shouldn't be touching anything. Having to spend $100.00 for wire insulators (that will eventually fail anyway) isn't the answer. How about a re-design that cures the problem. A suspect a re-design could take months as it would have to be done in China. Those headers are not made in NC or the U.S. for that matter.

Where is your proof? Are you just mad because you spent too much?

Would you like me to point out all the threads where $700++ headers hit the K member, dont fit, Ys that hit the floor, wires that touch the headers?

With my $800 Kooks the wires hit the headers (I had to bend them out of the way) and they sat right on the K member.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:57 PM
Banned

My MSD wires don't even come close to the headers.
Old 05-08-2007, 03:00 PM
Banned

Now as far a the headers being made in China explain this to me. I made some changes to the mock up they sent me and shipped it back to them in NC and they sent me back the 1st off production one's from the mock up in one week. So if there made in China they must have some pretty damn fast shipping back and forth to China to send the mock up there make them then send it back to NC then send it to me all in one week.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:22 PM
Banned

Onebadass, Spark plug wires shouldn'? be ?ouching any?hing. Having ?o spend $100.00 for wire insula?ors (?ha? will even?ually fail anyway) isn'? ?he answer. How abou? a re-design ?ha? cures ?he problem. A suspec? a re-design could ?ake mon?hs as i? would have ?o be done in China. ?hose headers are no? made in NC or ?he U.S. for ?ha? ma??er.
I'm sorry, but you have no idea what you are talking about. Period.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:25 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ONEBADASSWS6
Actually they are manufactured in North Carolina. I have them, and they are excellent quality. The primaries are thick and the welds are very professional. They fit right in without removing anything but the plug wires. No grinding block casting, no cutting the k-member, no removing the steering shaft, no nothing.
I had to clearance my K member.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

would yall shut the fu*k up already?

He told you theya rent made in china, they fit well look good and your precious almighty Kooks and QTP's dont exactly have the perfect fit either ya know so I think some people are about to be psised they forked over a grand or better and realised there was a cheaper way to go that was jsut as good if not better. Kooks and QTP charge what they do as far as im concerned because they had no competition with a lower price so they could jack it as high as they wanted.

sorry but thats how its lookin to me...

props to ya XS!
Old 05-08-2007, 05:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

The headers are great!

Last edited by GEARHED; 05-09-2007 at 03:45 AM.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

lmao youre a tool, did you even know the F-body cars were built in CANADA?

Last edited by GEARHED; 05-09-2007 at 03:45 AM.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:59 PM
12 Second Club

I have these headers (off e-bay and had to weld emmisions tubes) and have been very happy with them for over 10,000 miles now. I am not terribly impressed with the design of the Y pipe, but since I made my own it is not my concern. Anyone who talks about how they won't hold up without running them needs to learn to remain out of a thread where their comments are both uninformed and slanderous.

Galen

P.S. It is nice to learn that they were made in the US.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:11 PM
TECH Addict

anybody tried these on a lowered car? im looking for some longtubes, but my stock exhaust hangs really low.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:16 PM

black2002, I guarantee you those headers are made overseas. Their appearance and price is indicative of all headers made in China. Call Kook's or any U.S. company that manufactures 304 S/S headers and ask them what it costs to manufacture a 304 S/S set of headers. It's more than what this company is charging the end user and they're throwing in the shipping. Only the Chinese can pull that off. There's your proof. The dead giveaway is the drastic difference in price. The bottom line is if you don't mind buying overseas parts than you now can spend less on these systems. Just don't forget to protect those plug boots.

Youd be amazed at what markup is on parts... I know what it is and if you knew, youd never buy another part again.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:46 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

BigArchidia

Stop with the bashing and claims that these are poorly manufactured.

As a matter of fact, I don't want to see you in this thread anymore. If you can't bring anything of value to the table...go somewhere else for dinner.

Last warning.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

thank you jordan. now that theyre a sponsor I can rant and bitch about their greatness all I want.

and dont forget theyre so good they'll blow up your motor

Quick Reply: Stainless Headers and Y-pipe NEW TECH SPONSOR