Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I am not liking my Kooks LTs + GMMG catback

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 09:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, will try again. Thanks. I guess i'll have to take it to a shop to get them to try. I can't get to the back header bolts on the passenger side.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Has anyone else had their axle knock the hell out of the exhaust pipe over dips/bumps?
Old 06-03-2007, 01:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

damn man your just having hell with this new exhaust...i would just saw that shyt out and start over..yeah it wont be stainless but it will be right...iMO
Old 06-03-2007, 02:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've had some kooks Ypipe hit just like that. People say there the best, but Im not impressed with them. Pacestter setup fits better and makes the same power.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Why are you unbolting your headers? You can't adjust them.
Maybe if you unbolt the GMMG where it goes over the axle and pull it apart a little, that will help to let the i-pipe hang lower?
Also, if you over the axle pipe is hitting the axle, it means the rubber in your passenger side hanger that is right there is either worn out or you need to shorten the metal piece that comes off your GMMG and connects to that bracket. You will probably have to replace it with a shorter piece of metal and drill a hole, or you can just weld it on to the bracket I guess. You just need to find a way to get it higher right there so the axle doesn't hit it.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:46 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm having problems with mine contacting as well... I have a Spohn DSL on my car, and it is physically touching it... that's really the only place I have clearance problems... but it transmits all the noise and vibration of the exhaust right into the passenger compartment... I'm trying to figure out how to fix it without removing the DSL.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

my GMMG rattles on the back same as the other guys did... it's partially because my Y pipe is a tad longer which makes the Intermediate not line up properly, which in turn causes the catback itself to be pushed further back...

cutting half an inch off the intermediate should cure any problems though
Old 07-31-2007, 11:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my gmmg does not hit in the back but is a pain in the *** to take apart. i can never get the intermediate pipe on because when i push the rear section all the way back to the axle there still isn't enough clearance for it to go over the TSP Y-pipe. i wish i could do it all over again because i would never buy a gmmg or a tsp y pipe again. i would have gone true duals. by far the hardest part of my cam/heads install was removing and installing the exhaust.