Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PORTED TB SALE from $40 SHIPPED!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007 | 11:39 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by joblo1978
I got one of these TB's and it's worthwhile. Just a quick question. I got a buddy that swears by the velocity stack, what do you think?
I personally have never heard of someone gaining hp from those stacks. To me it seems like the opposite of porting. I guess it smooths out the air before the stock "lip", which is removed with porting. I think a ported tb will definitely out flow a stock tb with the stack. TIm
Old 06-11-2007 | 10:03 PM
On The Tree

Hey, anyone hear from Tim. Hasnt been on on Ls1Tech and I sent him my T/B last tuesday and havent heard from him since.

Anybody know where hes at ??
Old 06-11-2007 | 10:05 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by PhillyCamaro16
Hey, anyone hear from Tim. Hasnt been on on Ls1Tech and I sent him my T/B last tuesday and havent heard from him since.

Anybody know where hes at ??
Same here ... did he have a run in with the Mob or something? Maybe 14,000 TB's arrived at his house and he's currently trying to swim out of the flood of TB's ... desperately hanging onto life ...

Old 06-12-2007 | 12:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ditto on the not hearing back from him ... sent my TB awhile ago ...

I just assume he's getting to it, it took a few days for him to reply to me about shipping a ported TB out... no biggie really
Old 06-12-2007 | 01:49 PM
On The Tree

Ok, this is no longer funny. I sent my TB to him express so I could make sure that my car wasn't down very long. Said that shipping it out Saturday (he should have received it Friday) was very doable. Since then, nothing. Tried emailing, PMing and even calling. Nothing. Anybody know Tim in person and know what's going on? I was hoping to get my TB today or tomorrow.
Old 06-12-2007 | 03:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

you guys need to realize his business is 90% based on core returns ... when he offers a sale like this, his production likely increases as he's got a great deal on the TB's ... having a load of return TB's in gives him more to do, such as refunding the core charge, prepping the cores, and doing the work for those who want it. I'm also fairly sure its done on a "you're this # in line" process... if he's got 15 people ahead of you, well, those 15 people will likely get theirs first unless he's got a shortage of TB's ...

also, if he said it ships saturday, it probably did ship saturday, but as quick to the post office he may have gotten, it also may not have gotten shipped out from the post office until Monday morning... so that in turn is not his fault.

give the guy a break
Old 06-12-2007 | 03:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I spoke with Tim through PM earlier since he also has my TB, and said mine shipped this morning, he recieved it late friday afternoon from DHL. You guys need to remember it takes a few days to get to him, and he says a day to port, and a couple more days to recieve do to return shipping. To me that means a solid week or more before getting it back.
Old 06-12-2007 | 05:29 PM
On The Tree

I'm not griping about the fact that is may be a day or two late, just the lack of communication. Right now, I don't have a TB, and for all I know, this guy is selling them on ebay and heading for the border ... a bit extreme, but I've been scammed more times than I'd like to admit ... even by people who were reputable sources who got lots of referrals who up and decided to take everyone's money and disappear. It happens ... trust me ... I know way more about it than you'd ever hope to even imagine ...
Old 06-12-2007 | 09:09 PM
11 Second Club

awesome work tim
Old 06-12-2007 | 09:10 PM
Staging Lane

I too haven't heard from Tim since I sent him an initial email on 6/6 cuz, i would like to purchase his product as well. I'm just patiently waiting for a reply........remember, good things come to those who wait! (sort of)
Old 06-12-2007 | 10:15 PM
On The Tree

Got mine this afternoon -- Awesome work .. Too bad there is thunder and pouring rain outside
Old 06-13-2007 | 07:48 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by PhillyCamaro16
Got mine this afternoon -- Awesome work .. Too bad there is thunder and pouring rain outside
Do you know when he shipped yours out??
Old 06-13-2007 | 05:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Smokin87TA
I personally have never heard of someone gaining hp from those stacks. To me it seems like the opposite of porting. I guess it smooths out the air before the stock "lip", which is removed with porting. I think a ported tb will definitely out flow a stock tb with the stack. TIm
What about a Tornado then?
Old 06-13-2007 | 06:52 PM
11 Second Club

just double chekcing, pull my tb off, paypal you $70, ship it to you, sit for a day or three, and put it back on?
Old 06-13-2007 | 09:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 9ball
Do you know when he shipped yours out??

Pretty sure it was Saturday he shipped it out back to me .. I got it tuesday -- Sunday is no mail and IL to PA aint down tha street

BTW .. Just took my car out -- a thousand times difference in every way .. I can feel the power difference and i think the best part is the throttle response and the way it smoothed out the throttle !! I dont get any more jerking with the clutch when Im starting or making a U Turn/Sharp turn

Definetly worth it !! ..
Old 06-14-2007 | 10:54 AM
Restricted User

Hey guys sorry for not getting on here in a couple of days, just been super busy with all the tb's and actually having nice weather here so i have been trying to get my car to the track. I believe everyone's tb's have been shipped the next day after i recieve them. If anyone had still not recieved their tb let me know. Most went out saturday and a few went out monday, Ls2's are alot more involved and some people sent me chromed and powdercoated tb's that i have to take alot more care with(port on a towel ect.) Thanks to everyone for the kind words as well. I am just getting in about 6 or 7 cores and will try to get them finished up in the next couple of days for those who dd their cars. I have a list of when people contacted me so i will just go down the list. Thanks, Tim
Old 06-14-2007 | 10:56 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by SS4Luck
just double chekcing, pull my tb off, paypal you $70, ship it to you, sit for a day or three, and put it back on?
Yea thats correct, some people pay for next day shipping as well. which is about $15 more. so you couple overnight it, ill get it done and overnight it back for $85. Tim
Old 06-14-2007 | 11:35 AM
On The Tree

Hey Guys Tims a good guy he wont be running to the border, but if he does you won't catch him.. he's got a sick 87ta!!!

hey tim, I met you at the Speed Inc Open house and then again in Schaumburg, Could u pm me when you're not so busy I want to drop my tb off when you're not as busy so i can pick it up next day, if possible.

Thanks.
Old 06-14-2007 | 12:53 PM
Restricted User

Thanks Camario, PM sent!
Old 06-14-2007 | 01:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Tim... have you received my TB core?
I hope so, I need to buy new tires so I need all the $$ i can get

Quick Reply: PORTED TB SALE from $40 SHIPPED!!!