Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Magnaflow True Duals

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 08:16 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnaflow True Duals

Newbie question...I was looking at Magnaflow exhaust setups and am absolutely in love with the exhaust note that it has...but I was checking out their website and didn't see any option for a true duals setup for a 98-02 LS1...am I blind? I really would like to have the Magnaflow sound, but still want true duals...how can I get the Magnaflow exhaust note and still have true duals? TIA.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You aren't blind. Magnaflow doesn't sell a dual exhaust kit for our cars. Hardly anybody does. Please read the stickies https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/531756-true-duals-questions-answered-here-post-your-information-pics-too.html at the top of this forum and other post here before someone blast you for asking such a newbie question. If you want the Magnaflow sound with duals, you will have to get it custom made.
Old 06-17-2007, 10:25 AM
Teching In

I have read the stickies...I just didn't know whether there was something I was missing. I know TSP makes a kit, but I didn't know if outside of that there were any other companies who had it from the factory.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:42 AM
11 Second Club

If you run a true dual setup, it will TOTALLY change the way the car sounds. If you like the way the magnaflow sounds, just buy it. Even if you had a custom true dual setup with magnaflow mufflers, it would still sound different.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:13 AM
12 Second Club

What about this: http://www.ls1-ls2-ls7.com/Picture_57.html
Old 07-02-2007, 07:36 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chae
That will clearly not fit an F-car...
Old 07-02-2007, 08:09 AM
12 Second Club

OK. Sorry it said F-Body in the ad. Maybe it is for older cars.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:19 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

According to Magnaflow, that part is for the new GTO. Looks like HPE needs to fix their website because it does list it for the F-Body.

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...merican&id=993

Originally Posted by chae
OK. Sorry it said F-Body in the ad. Maybe it is for older cars.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:12 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MikeG
If you run a true dual setup, it will TOTALLY change the way the car sounds. If you like the way the magnaflow sounds, just buy it. Even if you had a custom true dual setup with magnaflow mufflers, it would still sound different.
Guess I just need to weigh how much I want that sound vs. additional horsies then
Old 07-02-2007, 08:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The only way you're going to get true-dual's besides the Bassani kit (which utilizes the stock manifolds, blah) is if you have a custom system fabbed up.

I have American Racing Headers and a custom stainless true-dual set-up which was fabbed on my car by them. My dual set-up consists of a 3" x-pipe, down to 2.5" after the X and into 2 Magnaflow bullet's. You can check out my thread HERE which has a video of my dual set-up.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by cobrakillerta
The only way you're going to get true-dual's besides the Bassani kit (which utilizes the stock manifolds, blah) is if you have a custom system fabbed up.

I have American Racing Headers and a custom stainless true-dual set-up which was fabbed on my car by them. My dual set-up consists of a 3" x-pipe, down to 2.5" after the X and into 2 Magnaflow bullet's. You can check out my thread HERE which has a video of my dual set-up.
Thanks for the vid man, car sounds great! If you don't mind me asking, how much did you end up paying total for the custom true duals setup? That's the exact setup I'm looking to get. Looks like I don't have to choose between sound and hp after all