Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electric cutout plate measurements needed!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 09:40 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Default Electric cutout plate measurements needed!

Hey, i currently have 2 manual 3" cutouts in my downpipes and want to add electric plates to them for ease, however space is limited down there with pipes, SFCs, etc. So if you guys could post up some measurements of some different brands to help me out, that would really help. Looking at QTP's and DMH, as well as whatever else is new on the market. Some specs i'm looking for is total width, height. and total width and height of the motor area itself. Maybe a diagram would help best if possible! Thanks!

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 06-30-2007, 10:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I have no dementions for you but DMH is the way to go they have a 4 year warranty..compared to a 1 year warranty with the other brands .. I have had mine for 2 years and use it all the time and have never had a problem with it..
Old 06-30-2007, 11:14 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have QTP they are large and tight to fit. The one is actualy now poking into the fuel line I guess under hard acceleration?? Not cool. Motors are big too.
Old 06-30-2007, 01:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slt200mph
I have no dementions for you but DMH is the way to go they have a 4 year warranty..compared to a 1 year warranty with the other brands .. I have had mine for 2 years and use it all the time and have never had a problem with it..

Someone posted in a thread I posted a couple of weeks ago about one that has a lifetime warranty. I think it was from raceready performance. From the picture I've seen it looks a lot like the one from DHM.
Old 06-30-2007, 10:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you check my car domain link below you can see the QTP on my 06 monte carlo. Mine fits almost perfectly. The outer ring is all aluminum and if you have a grinder you can make it alot smaller Duno if that helps good luck