Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP Underdrive Pulley on a C5

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 04:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SLP Underdrive Pulley on a C5

Put a 25% SLP Pulley on my Corvette last year and never put the A/C belt back on. Is that belt the same or is it smaller? I've looked on SLP's website and it only requires a new serpentine belt, so I'm assuming the A/C belt is, in fact, the original size.

-joel
Old 07-02-2007, 04:45 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jvtex
Put a 25% SLP Pulley on my Corvette last year and never put the A/C belt back on. Is that belt the same or is it smaller? I've looked on SLP's website and it only requires a new serpentine belt, so I'm assuming the A/C belt is, in fact, the original size.

-joel
Look at the pulley itself...is the part where the A/C belt rides the same diameter as the part that the accessory belt rides on? If it is, then you'll need a smaller belt.

Either way, you can always measure it...the stock pulley diameter is 7.5" (at least for the F-body). A 25% underdrive pulley should be 25% smaller in diameter (approximately).
Old 07-02-2007, 04:49 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
Look at the pulley itself...is the part where the A/C belt rides the same diameter as the part that the accessory belt rides on? If it is, then you'll need a smaller belt.
No,

the A/C Belt has it's own "belt-track" I'll have to measure both tonight when i got off of work.

Thanks.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:58 PM
Staging Lane

I also put a post on Corvette forum and a member said that the SLP Pulley retains the original A/C belt length. I'll go home and try it, but for now, I'll post that as my Unofficial result.

thanks for looking.

-joel
Old 07-02-2007, 07:51 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jvtex
I also put a post on Corvette forum and a member said that the SLP Pulley retains the original A/C belt length. I'll go home and try it, but for now, I'll post that as my Unofficial result.

thanks for looking.

-joel
I think for the Corvettes, this is true...the F-body crowd gets 25% underdrive on both belts.

Quick Reply: SLP Underdrive Pulley on a C5