Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which route should I take...?
Go with the Bosch 13111's
42.11%
Just get O2 Extensions
52.63%
Other...
5.26%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

O2 Sensors/Extensions...

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 02:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question O2 Sensors/Extensions...

K guys i'm getting ready to purchase one or the other for my header install...

Just trying to find out what most people on here have, and which one seems to cause the most trouble or work correctly...

EDIT: I just put a vote in for "other" just so I could see the results... take one vote off for "other" for an accurate vote count

EDIT #2: If I were to get the extensions... what size do I go with? 12" or 24"

Last edited by Soul TKR; 07-06-2007 at 03:43 PM.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used a bosch 13111, found out during the install the wires off the old sensor were not long enough. The sensor works fine though.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:19 PM
TECH Junkie

bump...
Old 07-06-2007, 09:00 PM
TECH Junkie

bump...
Old 07-06-2007, 09:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Voted for extensions, but it kinda depends on how old your current sensors are. If you have a lot of miles on them, just replace them, but if not, and if they are working ok, just get the extensions.

Had I known about the longer wired/Corvette O2s I would have gotten them, but as it stands I have extensions for now.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i'll sell you my extensions, they're 24" and I don't need them anymore
Old 07-07-2007, 12:12 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Demon Of Dreams
i'll sell you my extensions, they're 24" and I don't need them anymore
how much?
Old 07-07-2007, 04:05 PM
TECH Junkie

bump...
Old 07-08-2007, 04:34 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

extensions.

do some research in the PCM diagnostic & tuning forum. the bosch 13111 O2 sensors, just like everything else bosch makes, are pieces of junk. they are NOTORIOUS for switching very slowly, not heating up enough and crapping out in mere months.

the people that are going to come in here and vote for bosch 13111's are the people that simply think they're good from hearsay alone. people pimp them on the forums because they're convenient - they're already long enough and they work, plus they're cheap. well guess what, talk to ANYONE with tuning experience. guess what the pro's tell us? the pro's tell us the bosch 13111's are garbage oxygen sensors.

all the pro's who tune these cars and frequently do installs recommend two different oxygen sensors: either the GM OEM AC Delco O2 sensors or the denso O2 sensors. when my O2's die, i will be picking up a set of denso's from autozone. they're only about $10 more each than the bosch and they have a MUCH better track record with longevity and working properly.

if you don't believe me, do a search for bosch 13111's in the tuning forum. see how many nightmares people encounter with these junk sensors. you get what you pay for, and these are no exception. the best advice i can give EVERYONE is stay away from bosch. the only bosch part i've intentionally put on my car are windshield wipers (they're nice, too) and that's all i ever intend to use that they make.

as most of you know, i bought a set of headers recently. i was all set to buy some 13111's. i did some research beforehand, and i decided on extensions after the stories i was hearing.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Thanks for the info!
Old 07-08-2007, 11:40 PM
TECH Regular

you dont need both extensions to be 24". 1 12" and 1 24" will do.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
extensions.

do some research in the PCM diagnostic & tuning forum. the bosch 13111 O2 sensors, just like everything else bosch makes, are pieces of junk. they are NOTORIOUS for switching very slowly, not heating up enough and crapping out in mere months.

the people that are going to come in here and vote for bosch 13111's are the people that simply think they're good from hearsay alone. people pimp them on the forums because they're convenient - they're already long enough and they work, plus they're cheap. well guess what, talk to ANYONE with tuning experience. guess what the pro's tell us? the pro's tell us the bosch 13111's are garbage oxygen sensors.

all the pro's who tune these cars and frequently do installs recommend two different oxygen sensors: either the GM OEM AC Delco O2 sensors or the denso O2 sensors. when my O2's die, i will be picking up a set of denso's from autozone. they're only about $10 more each than the bosch and they have a MUCH better track record with longevity and working properly.

if you don't believe me, do a search for bosch 13111's in the tuning forum. see how many nightmares people encounter with these junk sensors. you get what you pay for, and these are no exception. the best advice i can give EVERYONE is stay away from bosch. the only bosch part i've intentionally put on my car are windshield wipers (they're nice, too) and that's all i ever intend to use that they make.

as most of you know, i bought a set of headers recently. i was all set to buy some 13111's. i did some research beforehand, and i decided on extensions after the stories i was hearing.
Bosch 13111's here for a year ..no codes..long wires...GREAT O2's....Many high hp guys run these.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:12 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by NHRAMAN
Bosch 13111's here for a year ..no codes..long wires...GREAT O2's....Many high hp guys run these.
and many tuners disagree. even a blind squirrel gets a nut every now and then. what's your point? they have a very high failure rate. just because a few people have good luck doesn't make them a good O2.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thumbs down

and many tuners disagree. even a blind squirrel gets a nut every now and then. what's your point? they have a very high failure rate. just because a few people have good luck doesn't make them a good O2.
You always got too damn much to say---why don't you leave these q's to people who ACTUALLY have LT'S and have had 30 years experience.. SQUIRRELS?? You belong on the Wilderness Channel . Everyone has an opinion..the difference is they are not all ********. ...BTW--What the HELL does chocotaco mean...sounds silly.

Last edited by NHRAMAN; 07-09-2007 at 06:24 PM.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:23 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by NHRAMAN
You always got too damn much to say---why don't you leave these q's to people who ACTUALLY have LT'S and have had 30 years experience.. SQUIRRELS?? You belong on the Wilderness Channel . Everyone has an opinion..the difference is they are not all ********. ...BTW--What the HELL does chocotaco mean...sounds silly.
what does 30 years of experience have to do with O2 sensors for an f-body? last time i checked, bosch wasn't making O2 sensors for LS1 f-body's 30 years ago. it probably has something to do with the fact that they didn't exist.

my opinions are the same opinions of the tuners that have been working on these cars for years. they have more experience in a month than you've had your entire life. all your post has proven is not to listen to anyone from canada. but we knew that one already.

when the search gets back up, i'll pull some threads of tuners complaining how horrible the O2's are. it's great to know you had good luck. it's also beneficial for you to know that many don't, and bosch is well known for making junk products.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

what does 30 years of experience have to do with O2 sensors for an f-body? last time i checked, bosch wasn't making O2 sensors for LS1 f-body's 30 years ago. it probably has something to do with the fact that they didn't exist.

my opinions are the same opinions of the tuners that have been working on these cars for years. they have more experience in a month than you've had your entire life. all your post has proven is not to listen to anyone from canada. but we knew that one already.

when the search gets back up, i'll pull some threads of tuners complaining how horrible the O2's are. it's great to know you had good luck. it's also beneficial for you to know that many don't, and bosch is well known for making junk products.
YOU..A FUNNY PERSON. GET some 02's and then..you can talk..30 yrs means I know a hell of a lot more than you about engines in general....02's have been around since u were jus' a babe in diapers.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

CHOCOTACO---what does this mean... A WAFFLE.!!!!!!! U A FUNNY GUY.!! ENOUGH SAID..
Old 07-09-2007, 07:31 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 206 Likes on 173 Posts

I started a similar thread a few weeks ago. I looked at 13111's, Denso's, and the rest, but I decided "if it ain't broke, don't fix it," got extensions, and kept my stockers.

Last edited by RevGTO; 07-09-2007 at 08:08 PM.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by RevGTO
I started a similar thread a few weeks ago. I looked at 13111's, Denso's, and the rest, but I decided "if it ain't broke, don't fix it," and kept my stockers.
If u are already running stockers and there isn't any problems...do not switch ...no reason to. But if u do..I have had great experience with the 13111's.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:50 PM
TECH Junkie

all you guys are funny... let's not turn this thread into a pissing contest though K?

Thanks for the additional info though

Quick Reply: O2 Sensors/Extensions...