Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What kind of idiot screws up a battery install??

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 08:26 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just use a small pair of channel locks. dont grab the head of the bolt but up around the neck of it. dummy!
Old 07-07-2007, 03:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you are gonna need two vise grips. one to turn the bolt and the second one to hold the battery terminal once it falls out and stays with the cable and bolt..... I must do this like once a week at work. (some one already has the bolt rounded and since the terminal is leaking the terminal falls out of the batt.)
Old 07-07-2007, 04:22 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Last time I checked Advance does the battery installs for free. Maybe you should have went there......
Old 07-07-2007, 05:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just do vise grips and call it a day. Since the bolt is f'ed, go get one of those new "gold plated" bolts from autozone specially for audio or aux. power hook up. It lets you attached the positive cable, then has another bolt on the end for whatever you want to attach. Much easier this way.

Good luck!

J.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats a common problem with AC Delco side post batteries. And btw, the better deal would have a been a 69.88 75 series titanium battery from Advance Auto Parts, with a 3 year free replacement warranty and 84 month proration.
Old 07-07-2007, 10:34 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by ghettocruiser
Just do vise grips and call it a day. Since the bolt is f'ed, go get one of those new "gold plated" bolts from autozone specially for audio or aux. power hook up. It lets you attached the positive cable, then has another bolt on the end for whatever you want to attach. Much easier this way.

Good luck!

J.
i'll look into this piece. thanks.
Old 07-07-2007, 10:35 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by WonQuickZ28
thats a common problem with AC Delco side post batteries. And btw, the better deal would have a been a 69.88 75 series titanium battery from Advance Auto Parts, with a 3 year free replacement warranty and 84 month proration.
i didn't buy the battery yet. that sounds like an even better deal and aadvance is a lot closer to my house than pep boys. i'll take a look at it. thanks.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:08 PM
Tech Resident

battery problem fixed.

i wound up getting an autocraft battery from advance like recommended above. it was $75 with core. for $5, it had 50 more CCA than the battery i was initially looking at, along with a 1 year longer replacement warranty. it's a 875 Amp/700 CCA battery with a 3 year free replacement/84 month prorated warranty. pretty good deal IMO. i researched it and i saw it was made by johnson controls - the same guys that make the energizer battery - so it's basically the exact same battery with better stats and a better warranty for a lousy $5 more.

it was a bitch getting the positive terminal off. i bought a new bolt and had to pull the positive boot of the terminal bolt with it still attached to the stock battery. from there, i was able to get the bolt off. i sprayed everything around the area with the battery cleaner and got a river of brown that could have filled up a shot glass. nasty stuff. my fingertips are still dry, wish i had gloves with me

hopefully i won't have to screw with this for another 7 years...

Quick Reply: What kind of idiot screws up a battery install??