Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for belt spacing specs/diagram

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 10:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for belt spacing specs/diagram

Hey guys,
I'm in a bit of a dilemma and I'm hoping someone out there has the info I'm looking for. I need the crank pulley or belt spacing of an LS1 GTO in relation to the F-body and Vette setups.

I just got my new mp122 Magnacharger (that I've been waiting 5 months for) and it looks like they built it with the wrong belt specing!! The kit was a GTO style blower that was supposed to be built for F-body belt spacing. BTW, this kit is for the LS1 in my '67 Camaro.

I have not yet installed the blower, but I did some measuring and it seems the blower pulley is going to stick out a bit further than my f-body pullies. If anyone knows what the difference is between GTO and F-body, that would really help me out.

Also, does anybody know if the GTO crank pullies are keyed? Magnuson did not supply me with the crank-pinning kit that I thought they usually supplied with their kits, and there was no mention of it in the GTO instructions (that really don't apply to my install) they sent me with the system.

I will be calling Magnacharger first thing in the morning, but right now I'm kind of fired up and am looking for answers. Thanks

Andy
Old 07-09-2007, 10:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BTW, I found this diagram on Magnuson's site:
http://www.magnusonproducts.com/imag...AMARO-TRUC.jpg

It does not have the GTO spacing on there, but this is what I'm looking for.

Andy
Old 07-12-2007, 09:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad you found your answer.

For future questions like this, you'll probably get a quicker response from the guys in the Hybrids and Conversions section.