Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trans am exhaust questions...loud

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 12:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can we move this ttt please. good info, but wouldn't it be quite expensive to sell the borla i have now for a GMMG and headers. Is it really worth it, or is there anything that sounds nice and deep with a borla. I think, at least for now, since I'm about to have to buy 315/35/17 nittos which aren't cheap, I might just go with a cut out until I can make enough money for a decent full exhaust setup, followed by ls6 intake and maybe an s cam down the road. good advice though guys, please keep the info coming.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:44 PM
TECH Resident

hehe an electric cutout or regular cutout is really no different than the wide open borla plate. The only reason to go with an electric cutout is so you can adjust the sound without having to work on the car.

Id say save up and get coated pacesetter headers. You wont be disappointed with how that sounds with a borla catback with an open plate. Its got a nice rumble to it and sounds wicked when you give it the gas

then get a cam and heads later hehe.. sounds killer with a cam too.. soon ill let ya know how much nicer it sounds with heads \

Id post some clips if I had a way to.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:54 PM
Staging Lane

i wanted a different sound too with my borla so I replaced the muffler that came with it, and put a borla xr1 round muffler there. to my surprise it sounded very different much much deeper and louder you could feel the exhaust in your chest. If your just want to try it buy a cheep bullit muffler like a cherrybomb or a dynomax bullit that is 18in long and it should sound similar but far cheeper.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:31 AM
Teching In

so i ordered a dmh cut out today. It should be here in a week. I'll let yall know how it goes. thanks for all the help.

Quick Reply: trans am exhaust questions...loud