Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V6 Camaro Exhaust question?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 10:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V6 Camaro Exhaust question?

I have a V6 with a stock exhaust and Im planning to turn it into dual but not true duals. I plan on getting a muffler with one inlet and two outlets. Ne advice on what to get to get the best sound or ne one with a sound clip that could help. Ive heard the new supper 44 series flowmaster are awesome. They dont sound like the regular flowmaster but have a new more low muscle sound. Im really oblivious about some of the stuff but I really would love some help from some of the best. Thanx
Old 07-12-2007, 10:45 PM
12 Second Club

are you modding to make it go fast, or just to have a decent little rumble to it? i ask, b/c instead of spending money on go fast parts for a v6, you could save that money and get an ls1. but if you are only planning on doing a couple small bolt ons, then i think the flow 40's would be a good choice, even with my old 305, they had a very low rumble to them
Old 07-12-2007, 11:02 PM
On The Tree

Im just doing it for the rumble. Im just entering college some money come sparcely so I want to add a little sound to my V6. Have you heard the new super 44's? Some say there better than 40's but im scared to try them.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:11 AM
On The Tree

ttt....
Old 07-13-2007, 11:20 AM
TECH Junkie

http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/
Old 07-13-2007, 12:06 PM
Alt
TECH Resident

www.camarov6.com

You could also get a v8 muffler from one of the guys on here after they get their catbacks, its pretty quiet at idle and has some rumble to it up top. Also do you have a 3.4 or a 3.8 there is a good difference in sound between the 2 of them. I would recommend staying away from flowmaster as they sound shitty even after they've been broken in. I have the Loudmouth on my v6 and its godawful loud. Sounds nice at idle but anything about 2k and its raspy and v6 sounding. If you are just looking for a muffler to change the exhaust tone, I would look into a stock replacement for a v8, or a used v8 muffler. Its subtle and deeper without going over the edge. That is my expierence with my 3.4, the 3.8 however sounds a little different and a tad bit meaner with exhaust so check out camarov6.com and they should have exhaust sound links in that section for you.

Hope it helps.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the V6 specific American Thunder catback as far as V6 systems go because the resonator takes out a lot of the crappiness inherent in with the 80 series on a 3.8L. At least soundwise not performance wise. The last muffler I had on my V6 was a Hooker and I liked it a lot more than the Flowmaster because it was quieter and a little more refined. It is very difficult to get a 3.8L to sound really good though.

People go Borla on the V6 all the time and it sounds ok, but not really great in my opinion. The best exhaust mod you can do to make it sound really good is a turbo