Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Victor Jr EFI vs. Fast 90

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 12:16 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GIGAPUNK
I think you're mostly correct. However, I believe that the wide LSAs that are rampent with the LS crowd have more to do with driveablility and emissions than performance. I think, with a decent exhaust, that the increased overlap from a tighter LSA would benefit both the victor and underplenum design equally. I guess I'm just reiterating that no cam swap is going to make the victor do something it wasn't designed to do (produce torque under 6500 rpm).
I'll have my hands on my Victor Jr. in a few weeks to try one last time at the track (before it closes for the year).

I agree that the crowd that post negative about the Victor Jr. not working are the ones that run the vendor or common style LSA because because of driveability or they can't get a tight LSA cam tuned.

My cam in my 370 is cut on a 108*2 degrees advance in it. I wanted the power to come in lower and hold as long as a wider style LSA cam but was not sure it would compete with the 112-114 on the high side of the power curve. I was wrong when i dynoed the setup last year it peaked at 6100 rpms and held within 2 hp all the way to 7K with no dips or dives ( smooth,flat power band) witch IMO is great for racing. I have too much torque down low with the LS6 intake for the street and for the track on a poorly prep track.

My theory for ME is for the Victor Jr. to move my torque up in the powerband for it to be more useable with my cam and converter and should pick up a good amount of HP on the topend.

From what i was told by several buddies is that the Victor Jr. and GMMP intakes were what the faster cars were running at the 2008 shootout at Memphis. With the right cam setup and a high flowing exhaust setup the single plane intakes should out shine the FAST intakes all day long and don't get me started on the FAST intakes because from what i have seen with my own eyes is a rip off Not enough gain for the money without sinking even more money in port work!

Last edited by StreetStalkerZ; 11-01-2008 at 12:31 PM.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GIGAPUNK
I think you're mostly correct. However, I believe that the wide LSAs that are rampent with the LS crowd have more to do with driveablility and emissions than performance. I think, with a decent exhaust, that the increased overlap from a tighter LSA would benefit both the victor and underplenum design equally. I guess I'm just reiterating that no cam swap is going to make the victor do something it wasn't designed to do (produce torque under 6500 rpm).
What size motor do you have? I agree, on something under 400ci it would be hard pressed for torque under 3000rpms, but at 400+ the Victory Jr can be made to perform well on the street. On comparision testing that has been done with the dual plane RPM manifold against the Vivtory JR, the JR usually picks up torque past 2500-3000rpms and becomes about equal on torque from then on out, even on stock size motors (350ci). From what I've read, the elbow is what holds the manifold back and by going to the 4150-4500 style throttle body (your old setup) really changes everything. I sold my 509 BBC with (you guessed it) Victory JR intake, to dive into the LS1 game, so I'm still learning about this motor. With my planned F1A down the road, manifold sellection is not that critical, but I don't want it to be a dog up until that happens.

When in doubt I usually call two or three of the major cam companies to get there take on things.

Quick Reply: Victor Jr EFI vs. Fast 90