Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fast 90 w/ Nick Williams TB?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 06:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

if you get the 90\90 setup go ahead and get it ported to,that way youll get ever hp out of it.then latter when you do h/c damn what an increase in hp
Old 08-16-2007, 08:31 PM
Flow Wizard

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by reject
did his throttle response get alittle sloppy now that the air was so free apart from one another? you know just ilke a water valve (i'm talking SOLEY throttle response....nothing else)
Splatt,

I know my customer was somewhere in the elevens....dont remember how deep in the elevens.

Concerning the post highlighted above the throttle response from the 90 mm set-up is half the reason to purchase it. Its just the opposite of what you described above. Once you drive your car with a 90mm TB you will never want to look at another 78mm TB ever again. SOTP is up big....It will feel like you picked up twice the 20-25 ponies you see from the swap (typical results from my ported set-up).

Im not exaggerating....talk to anyone that's experienced both.

Regards,
Tony

Think AIR valve....no airspeed needed to atomize fluids....volume of air is all we are concerned with here. The TB opening simply provides a source of air for all the much smaller intake ports....thats where the airspeed will increase as the cross section drops immensely. You want the opening and plenum of that intake as freeflowing as possible.

Last edited by Tony Mamo @ AFR; 08-16-2007 at 08:49 PM.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

good to know, i had always wondered that but never asked
Old 08-16-2007, 11:17 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I'm gunna save up and that will be my next mod...but I'll have to add another few hundred on it it to get it tuned....but I can't wait....when I get it on I'll be sure to post and let everyone know how it goes....