Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vibration when reving car

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2003, 04:38 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vibration when reving car

Don't know if this is in the write forum, but anyway...seems like it is progressively worse. In neutral when I rev the engine, I am having some vibration now. Never started doing it until after my converter install. It was slightly noticable at first, the other day it was really noticable...sometimes I can feel it under acceleration as well. Any clues?
Old 05-29-2003, 06:51 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Vibration when reving car

Perhaps the tranny mount is busted. You can replace with stock, but many of us use the Poly Mount from Summit etc.

Also, could be a busted torque arm mount. Same deal, replace with poly.

Finally, double check how your exhaust is hanging. Could be rubbing when getting on it.
Old 05-29-2003, 08:40 AM
TECH Resident

Perhaps the tranny mount is busted. You can replace with stock, but many of us use the Poly Mount from Summit etc.

Also, could be a busted torque arm mount. Same deal, replace with poly.

Finally, double check how your exhaust is hanging. Could be rubbing when getting on it.
I agree with all of these plus a conveter bolt. which this one I would worry about after you check his ideas however, I would worry if the motor is out of balance it could shake something apart.
Old 05-29-2003, 10:04 AM
Teching In

Well, I am getting my Vig swapped out next weekend, so I will check all of those things next weekend...unless my car rattles apart before then...oh well
Old 05-29-2003, 12:12 PM
10 Second Club

The TC could be out of balance! If your getting vibration in Neutral or park while reving, it's not the tranny mount, torque arm or exhaust IMO. Check all the TC bolts as mentioned...

Dan