Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does GMMG use sweet thunder chambered mufflers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2003, 03:15 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Does GMMG use sweet thunder chambered mufflers?

http://www.gmmginc.net/html/chamberedexhaust.html

https://www.sslpage.com/aca/catalog/...3093e0ba4a3e1f

I'm not interested in fabbing my own GMMG exhaust, I'm just curious. I didn't bother e-mailng either company cause I assume they have NDA's.
Old 06-01-2003, 03:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Does GMMG use sweet thunder chambered mufflers?

My guess would be that their supplier is Stainlessworks....but that's just a guess.
Old 06-02-2003, 03:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yes, I'm not for sure but if you look at the chambered mufflers on stainlessworks site and then the ones used on the GMMG they look almost the same. They might be a little shorter and have fewer chambered sections, but it looks like they are the supplier. Also if you look at the price of the chambered mufflers on Stainlessworks site compared to the ones on Sweet Thunder's you see why the GMMG costs $700
Old 06-02-2003, 09:59 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I have no intention of ripping people off... nor do I even want a chambered muffler..

it's just that some newbs claim FOR SURE that GMMG uses sweet thunder mufflers without proof.. I ask how they are so certain? My guess is just because sweet thunder cells chambered mufflers online, there for GMMG MUST use them... like there aren't any other vendors out there?

PLUS, even if GMMG did use sweet thunder mufflers, I'm sure they would require sweet thunder to sign an NDA.
Old 06-02-2003, 11:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Just from what I've seen and heard chambered mufflers are fairly similar no matter who makes them. They are kind of like the bullet mufflers, there's some variation, but all the one's I've heard sound/look about the same. The main differences are in the length of the chambered sections. I've heard a GMMG before, and I'm getting some Sweet Thunder chambered sections installed this week so I'll be able to see if there's any real difference.