Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

exhaust suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 11:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rsodeputy61
UMM, depends on your setup. i have the gmmg, ARH LT's and ORY and it's freakin' incredible!! i think alot of the rasp is from cheap setups with crappy merges. all i can say is if the way mine sounds is what you guys call too raspy, then make mine a double! i have not heard anything even comparable and i've heard true duals w/dynomax, flowmasters, etc. superb ground clearance, no drone and screams at WOT... just my 02.
I'm running Kooks LTs w/ a catted Y & a GMMG. Your buddy that helped install your exhaust heard it the other day. You can ask him if its any better or worse. I always heard to stay clear of an ORY when dealing w/ an SLP LM or GMMG. I wasn't a fan of the ORY/GMMGs that i'v heard, but loved the catted Y. Maybe it's a personal preference kinda thing :shrug:
Old 09-20-2007, 10:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by DANSBIRD
I'm running Kooks LTs w/ a catted Y & a GMMG. Your buddy that helped install your exhaust heard it the other day. You can ask him if its any better or worse. I always heard to stay clear of an ORY when dealing w/ an SLP LM or GMMG. I wasn't a fan of the ORY/GMMGs that i'v heard, but loved the catted Y. Maybe it's a personal preference kinda thing :shrug:
yes, he said it sounded great! i'd love to hear it... well, i must admit, that 2000-2500 rpm range was too much for me. i had a stainless magnaflow 4" outside diameter bullet put in the i pipe this morning. it killed most of it and made it a little deeper. definitely refined it. i just didn't want to go with cats, they still look restrictive to me. i know the route i chose flows great and was still cheaper than with cats. i need a tune bad though, it's throwin codes and feels like it lost a good bit of power/torque. i guess i'll use wait4me tune unless you know of someone local to use....
Old 09-20-2007, 11:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

yes, he said it sounded great! i'd love to hear it... well, i must admit, that 2000-2500 rpm range was too much for me. i had a stainless magnaflow 4" outside diameter bullet put in the i pipe this morning. it killed most of it and made it a little deeper. definitely refined it. i just didn't want to go with cats, they still look restrictive to me. i know the route i chose flows great and was still cheaper than with cats. i need a tune bad though, it's throwin codes and feels like it lost a good bit of power/torque. i guess i'll use wait4me tune unless you know of someone local to use....
The best LS1 tuner around is in Mobile. The shop is called RWTD (Running with the devil) . Hes done a LOT of friends of mines cars and he did mine as well. Tuning is his thing, it's what he went to school for, it's what he specializes in. He does tuning by appointments only, but id take it to him over anyone else around.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by DANSBIRD
The best LS1 tuner around is in Mobile. The shop is called RWTD (Running with the devil) . Hes done a LOT of friends of mines cars and he did mine as well. Tuning is his thing, it's what he went to school for, it's what he specializes in. He does tuning by appointments only, but id take it to him over anyone else around.
is it a dyno tune? and what does he charge???
Old 09-21-2007, 07:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

is it a dyno tune? and what does he charge???
I cant remember exactly what he charges, but IIRC, it's like around $200 for a parking lot tune & $300 for a dyno tune.

Parking Lot Tune: he takes in all the data you can provide about the car and he builds/loads a tune that hes previously made for another car w/ similiar/exact mods. As many cars as hes done w/ different combinations, he pretty much already has a tune for your car just sitting there. Usually, his parking lot tunes are 95% effective compared to the dyno tune.

Dyno Tune: Just like it sounds, he puts it on the dyno and tunes it out to your car, instead of loading a tune that hes done in the past. Usually, unless you just want to see how much power it's putting down (which I would/did), a bolt on car is totally fine w/ just a parkin lot tune whereas a heads &/or cam car is pretty much going to need a dyno tune.

From all accounts, it's a better tune at a cheaper price compared to Thunder Racing & pretty much anyone else around.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

well i think i'm going to go around and quote a few pipe shops and see how much they'll charge to run a true dual set up from to manifolds out back to the tips and then get some long tube headers later on and mate them up to the true duals. no cats, just mufflers and an x or h pipe.
Old 09-22-2007, 10:06 PM
Staging Lane

I highly advise goin with the H. Coming from someone whose had both X-H setups.

Good Luck on power gains..
note: Get LT's asap after true duals.. your motor will be choking..for more air to breathe.. lol..

Randy