Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how does the Texas Speed Rumbler Cat Back compare with SLP loudmouth ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 11:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how does the Texas Speed Rumbler Cat Back compare with SLP loudmouth ?

I listened on ls1sounds and loudmouth seems louder. someone told me they were the same only the texas was cheaper

also how much hp is gained from both

and lastly where is the place with the best price ?
Old 10-14-2007, 10:39 AM
Staging Lane

i have the rumbler and couldnt be happier. the difference is that the loudmouth is stainless and the rumbler is coated. the loudmouth uses a resonator and the rumbler uses a dynomax bullet. the hp gains should be the about the same for both. and the only place i know of that sells the rumbler is texas-speed.com
Old 10-14-2007, 10:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

I had the rumbler back when I had no mods on my car. I liked how it sounded with stock manifolds and cats plus it was super cheap. only problem I had was driving it in Chicago winters rusted it through in 2 years right where it clamps to the Y pipe. Since you live down south though that should not be a problem for you. LM will be louder LMII will probably be about the same as the Rumbler and as was stated the LM series exhaust is all Stainless.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:37 PM
12 Second Club

Rumbler is pretty much a non stainless dyno-mouth. There really isn't much of a hp gain from any catback, it's mostly just sound. I have a LM1 and I love it. I'm on stock manifolds and cats for now, after that I will most likely go to TD's
Old 10-14-2007, 10:47 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Rumbler is better compared to a Loudmouth 2 IMO. As noted, the difference is the Loudmouth 2 is stainless steel, plus it comes with your choice of tips, slash cut or dual/dual style. The Loudmouth 2 is a better deal IMO since it'll last forever where the Rumbler will rust up and doesn't come with tips. By the time you buy tips, for less than $100 more, you could have a whole stainless steel system. IMO, the SLP catback is the better value when you take into account longevity.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they both have about the same gains but the SLP's is stainless and comes w/ tips
Old 10-15-2007, 07:41 PM
Launching!

I decided to go with a cut out

Quick Reply: how does the Texas Speed Rumbler Cat Back compare with SLP loudmouth ?