Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How To Quiet Down My Exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 08:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have the problem too
Old 11-01-2007, 08:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Angry any body help me ? how can i quiet my Loudmouth

hi
I hope u help me guys
I have a SLP LoudMouth exhaust and i want to quiet down the sound how can i do it ? u advise me to put LoudMouth 2 or Powerflo ? or cutouts ?
how about the http://www.slponline.com/view_product.asp?P=10572 can i install it in the cat-back ?
Old 11-01-2007, 09:06 PM
((((((Administrator))))))

Originally Posted by PONTIAC SLP
hi
I hope u help me guys
I have a SLP LoudMouth exhaust and i want to quiet down the sound how can i do it ? u advise me to put LoudMouth 2 or Powerflo ? or cutouts ?
how about the http://www.slponline.com/view_product.asp?P=10572 can i install it in the cat-back ?
WTF, is this a joke? ....cutouts to make it more quiet? Thats the complete oppisite direction you want to go. Plus you already posted in a thread that has the same question. (Going to merge now).
Old 11-01-2007, 09:19 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Xtnct00WS6
I'm not sure how well these work, but check it out.

Those look like they might just do the trick but damn $70 a piece!!!!
Old 11-06-2007, 02:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Xtreme57
Originally Posted by Xtnct00WS6
I'm not sure how well these work, but check it out.
Those look like they might just do the trick but damn $70 a piece!!!!
I put them on my car. One on each header collector. The good is that they did not diminished flow much at all, they also helped eliminate a little rassing I was experiencing on high gear with engine load (eg. driving on the highway in 6th gear then pressing the gas pedal to almost full throttle). They also diminished interior resonance and drone. The Bad is that they really do not diminish the volume much only a handfull of db's. Overall I'm happy with them. My set up is Pacesetter LT, 3" ORY and Borla Mouth (using XR-1 bullet muffler). And I love the sound of this setup. If I wanted to go a bit more quiet then I would go with the Magnaflow catback. I'll post a sound clip tonite if I can.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:24 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by PONTIAC SLP
hi
I hope u help me guys

That would be the same muffler as the Dual/Dual. It would sound a hell of alot better. QUIET at lower rpm's yet roars at WOT!! You would do good to put this one, plus highflow cats or a single resonator on the I-pipe. It would sound good (when you wanted it to). Would not draw alot of unwanted attention either.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

There are some small Circle track mufflers as well that measure 6-8" long that can be had for around $16 each that can easily be clamped or welded anywhere into the exhaust as well to quiet things down more. I used them on my old car as they are small enough to look like cats and actually do quiet down the exhaust some.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:59 AM
TECH Regular

Thanks guys. I was just doing some research on the SLP dual/dual exhaust. Is there any difference b/t the dual/dual and the stock WS6/SS exhaust that came from the factory????
Old 11-07-2007, 05:13 AM
((((((Administrator))))))

Originally Posted by Xtreme57
Thanks guys. I was just doing some research on the SLP dual/dual exhaust. Is there any difference b/t the dual/dual and the stock WS6/SS exhaust that came from the factory????
Yes, the dual/dual flows better and is stainless steel.

Peace,
Craig.

Quick Reply: How To Quiet Down My Exhaust?