Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock F-Body Fan wiring and plugs

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 10:16 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Default Stock F-Body Fan wiring and plugs

Question here. I'm going back to stock fan's on my car. I had a set of low profile fans installed but need to return back to stock. Anyways a shop installed the new fans. I just uninstalled them and here's how they were wired.... Each fans power was ran together then over to a relay on the pass side wall by the battery. The grounds were also ran together and simply grounded. Then off the relay a manual fan switch was set up. This way the only way for the fans to come on was to manually turn them on and they were on high all the time. So looking into this, i don't know where to start to get it back to the factory wiring for stock fans. I know there were 2 plugs factory, one for each fan, but thats all i got. I seem to have what seems to be 1 fan plug coming from the fuse box area (4 prong) and it looks like it would reach only the near fan. Can someone link me to a diagram of how the factory fans are wired and where the wires come from, etc or tell me if they have a rough idea? Thanks!

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 10-19-2007, 05:31 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Here ya go. https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-swaps/602292-correct-ls1-fan-diagram-here.html

Quick Reply: Stock F-Body Fan wiring and plugs