Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

loudest crossflow muffler

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 03:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default loudest crossflow muffler

or i should say loudest & quality sound.. any takers?
Old 10-31-2007, 04:06 AM
TECH Resident

I really like my Random Tech set up, but then again it is not really a crossflow muffler it just sort of looks like one and installs like one.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:42 AM
TECH Resident

Flowmaster and Spintech.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:41 PM
Staging Lane

My Dynomax Ultraflo is pretty loud. It has a nice deep tone at idle, but really wakes up when you get on it.

Heres a clip, the ultraflo is the second clip. the third is the ultraflo with a magnaflow bullet in the I pipe, because it was still too loud for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAJgx9hfq_Q
Old 10-31-2007, 04:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hotrod7687
My Dynomax Ultraflo is pretty loud. It has a nice deep tone at idle, but really wakes up when you get on it.

Heres a clip, the ultraflo is the second clip. the third is the ultraflo with a magnaflow bullet in the I pipe, because it was still too loud for me.

i like the sound of the flowmasters the best
Old 10-31-2007, 04:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Flows sound good, but I'd rather not give up power for sound on a muffler designed to take the place of a stocker.

I personally like my Hooker. It's not loud just normal driving but you do know it isn't stock. At WOT it's a different story. Nice & loud while still remaining throaty with minimal rasp. Hooker is one of the top flowing mufflers for a direct replacement & if you just buy the muffler it's only like $80.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hotrod7687

The Ultraflo is a straight through type. Dynomax Superturbo mufflers are a crossflow design. I am happy with the sound they make. I built a couple of clones. One is 3 inch,the other is 3.5 inch. I believe the largest Dynomax Super turbo for sale is 3 inch.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:05 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 99.9percenter
The Ultraflo is a straight through type. Dynomax Superturbo mufflers are a crossflow design. I am happy with the sound they make. I built a couple of clones. One is 3 inch,the other is 3.5 inch. I believe the largest Dynomax Super turbo for sale is 3 inch.
Dyonmax makes an ultraflo in the crossflow design. I ordered the super turbo cat back, then ordered an ultraflo to put in place of the super turbo.

I wanted the ultraflo because like you said, its a straight through design and flows way better than the super turbo. You can look straight through the ultraflo from the inlet to the outlet, and then it has the other outlet branch off of the main pipe. I dont see how this couldnt be one of the best flowing cross-flow mufflers out there.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My Hooker Aero Chamber is pretty loud

Quick Reply: loudest crossflow muffler