Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tsp Rumbler

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 08:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tsp Rumbler

I'm thinking about installing a TSP Rumbler catback. Why do I hear some guys talking about they took of or left on the borla? What are they talking about? Also, WIll this exhaust work witht the SLP CME Kit with little to no modification? I can do a little fabrication!
Old 11-18-2007, 09:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ttt...i'm looking at this kit as well. It sounds friggin awesome!
Old 11-18-2007, 10:27 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 0235SS93
I'm thinking about installing a TSP Rumbler catback. Why do I hear some guys talking about they took of or left on the borla? What are they talking about? Also, WIll this exhaust work witht the SLP CME Kit with little to no modification? I can do a little fabrication!
I have no idea what you are talking about when it comes the borla guys. but i know for sure that there will be tons of modifications needed to run it out of the CME.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:40 AM
Staging Lane

If you're going with the CME setup, the only parts of the TSP you can use will be the I pipe, muffler and the bend going over the axle. Over the axle, everything will have to be changed to have a center exit.

Your best bet would probably be to go to summit and buy the pipes before the axle (dynomax has them, avaliable through summit) and the muffler you want and have a shop take care of the pipes after the axle.

Im guessing the people talking about taking off the muffler are replacing the dynomax bullet that the rumbler comes stock with.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm running a SLP loudmouth exhaust with a 3" medium powerstick muffler in place of the SLP bullet. The TSP rumbler is very similar to the SLP loudmouth exhaust in it's design. You will not have to do a ton of modifications to make the CME kit work with this exhuast. The only thing you'll have to have done is some 90 degree bends fabbed up to make the tips fit. If you're running a stock SLP dual/dual exhaust with the stock CME kit, you might be able to use the stock 90 degree bends that connect the exhaust to the tips. I used the stock 90 degree bends and they had to be very slightly bent to fit.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah you shouldn't need much to make it fit...just find a way to match te 90 degree angles up.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok Thanks!!!
Old 11-19-2007, 08:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cme bolt right up to the loudmouth, my dads had cme with a d/d muffler. the 90 bends were clamped on so i didn't need to cut anythying, they slid right on the LM tailpipes
Old 11-29-2007, 07:05 PM
11 Second Club

WOW some really bad advice in this thread!

OK, you should be able to use everything, and buy it without tips. Take it to an exhaust shop without tips installed and have them complete the CME install. I couldn't see how it would be too car off, 90% of the catbacks exit in the same location with similar size pipes to the SLP Dual Dual, the CME muffler. I don't think there will be too much work, it may just slide right on

Don't let these people scare you with their "all you can use is the I-pipe and over axle" nonsense. I guess they have never been under their F-body or one with a CME.